Rogues everywhere

7eregrine

The man, the myth, the legend
:
Land of Cleve
:
2016.5 CX5
So I was going to post tonight about something I saw this morning. Driving to work and I'm getting on the freeway. I see 3 black Nissan Rogues all in a row waiting at the light to turn left. 3. All the same color. All in a row. All same gen as I could tell by the identical DRLs.
So I was going to post a smug little post about how I love the fact that I don't see my car everywhere. Even in Mazda heavy Cleveland.
Yep... Smug little me.
Then....
I stop at the store on the way home.... And park next to a black 2016 GT. I come out of the store and I see him leaving. I pull out a different exit... And behind me....
Is ANOTHER.... BLACK.... 16 GT.
LMAO
De-smugged. [emoji26]

De-smugged. [emoji26]

I live in the NJ/NYC area and I pass so many other CX5s that it seems it's 1 out of every 10 vehicles on the road. It used to annoy me. Now I just get a laugh out of the fact that most of those people in fellow CX5s didn't even remove the dealership sticker and/or dealership license plate frame after they bought the vehicle. That makes me feel less "basic." For some reason, I can't see you as a Mazda enthusiast if you don't even take 5 minutes to remove the stupid dealership sticker. (No offense if you're currently driving around in a car with a dealership sticker still on)

I think there are still more CRVs out there, then Rogues. Like almost every family has, at least one.

Ugh, I hate seeing the "DGDG Be Happy!" license plate frame that everybody leaves on their car these days from the dealership. I wonder if those people know that those frames can be removed/swapped...

I live in the NJ/NYC area and I pass so many other CX5s that it seems it's 1 out of every 10 vehicles on the road. It used to annoy me. Now I just get a laugh out of the fact that most of those people in fellow CX5s didn't even remove the dealership sticker and/or dealership license plate frame after they bought the vehicle. That makes me feel less "basic." For some reason, I can't see you as a Mazda enthusiast if you don't even take 5 minutes to remove the stupid dealership sticker. (No offense if you're currently driving around in a car with a dealership sticker still on)

i'm with you, being from the NYC metro area, there are SO many cx-5,
this is why i had to have mine stand out just a bit ;)
can't wait to add the fog light sequential turn indicator DRL's

I've started noticing a few more CX-5s now that I own one. Mine is Eternal Blue. Most of them around here are white.

But there's not lots of them in my neck of the woods. When I was trying to decide on color, I would walk around parking lots while out shopping to find older Mazdas to see how their respective colors were holding up. Some days there would be none in a sea of cars.

So for those of us who aren't too offended, how would one go about removing that sticker? Funny, I was just looking at that sticker and plate frame the other day. The sticker has raised lettering like a molded rubber or neoprene, almost like a bathtub toy or something a kid would teethe on...it's that "squishy" consistency. I don't want to ruin my paint. The plastic one on my truck came off by running dental floss under it.

ps: I've only had my car for about 3 weeks now.

So for those of us who aren't too offended, how would one go about removing that sticker?

ps: I've only had my car for about 3 weeks now.

Ok so we won't hold it against you since it's only been 3 weeks. (drive):)

Take a hair dryer to the sticker to warm it up and it should peel right off. If there's any glue residue left over you can typically just rubbed it off with your thumb and then give it a good wash.

Take a hair dryer to the sticker to warm it up and it should peel right off. If there's any glue residue left over you can typically just rubbed it off with your thumb and then give it a good wash.

also after heating it up, you can use a fishing line or sewing thread to take it off.
make sure to polish afterwards.

Thanks for the advice, and for your accepting attitude ;)

This reminds me of when my older brother purchased his 1967 Camaro 350SS. He ordered it from the factory, and told the dealer he did NOT want their logo on his car (this is when they would drill 2 holes in the trunk lid to mount the metal logo). They called him when his car came in, and when he went to pick it up, they had mounted the logo. He told them to reorder the car, and he walked away.

This reminds me of when my older brother purchased his 1967 Camaro 350SS. He ordered it from the factory, and told the dealer he did NOT want their logo on his car (this is when they would drill 2 holes in the trunk lid to mount the metal logo). They called him when his car came in, and when he went to pick it up, they had mounted the logo. He told them to reorder the car, and he walked away.

I would have done the same thing if someone drilled holes in my car after I explicitly told them not to. SMH

Hair dryer/heat gun should be good enough, just be careful if you use your nails. I think I just sprayed on some detailing spray and very carefully used some tweezers to peel the sticker off. If you wanted to, you could probably spray on some detailing spray, then use a clay bar to remove the sticker. Just be sure to apply a wax or sealant afterward to protect the paint.

I had a friend who ordered his BMW M5 and the dealership painted on their dealership logo to the trunk. what a mess that was.

I had a friend who ordered his BMW M5 and the dealership painted on their dealership logo to the trunk. what a mess that was.

It's insane.

Other than buying a house, there is no other single purchase we make that approaches the $$$ thrown down on vehicles...and we get treated with more respect when we go to the drug store and buy foot powder.

Painting your logo on a vehicle like that is worse than arrogant. It's like tagging someone's home with a can of Krylon.

Good for your brother!

I demanded that the dealer "badge" plastered on the rear of a new RX-7 be removed before I would sign the paperwork.
The person in the finance office stated that he wasn't authorized to have it removed.
As I got in my car to drive away, the salesperson got some dental floss and removed it himself.
(Fortunately, it was applied with double-sided tape.)

Last edited:
I told my dealer to remove the dealer plate. He was like "Really?"
I said "Unless you want to give me another $500 off for advertising for you?"

He took it off. [emoji16]

Pretty much.

What astounds me is that suddenly people started paying a premium for apparel with logos and company names.
I should come out with a line of sandwich boards.

I said something similar about advertising with the decal and plate to a dealer many years ago during the negotiations. I only brought it up because the guy was being a pompous pri__. When I said it he did not respond, but his face turned dark red and his expression was like he wanted to literally fight me. I smiled at him and it looked like he was going to blow. It was interesting the he got a touched nerve over my comment because what was it to him to take if personal? It wasn't like he was the owner of the dealership. Just a hot temper I suppose. But for me I wasn't bothered by him at all. Kept my cool and calmly walked out.

Since that time I don't say anything and just debadge as soon as I get home. No reason for me to make some jacka__ have a stroke :)

Disclaimer: this was a true event and yet more than likely just a one time crossing paths with an abnormally hot tempered guy that probably shouldn't have been a car salesman.

I said something similar about advertising with the decal and plate to a dealer many years ago during the negotiations. I only brought it up because the guy was being a pompous pri__. When I said it he did not respond, but his face turned dark red and his expression was like he wanted to literally fight me. I smiled at him and it looked like he was going to blow. It was interesting the he got a touched nerve over my comment because what was it to him to take if personal? It wasn't like he was the owner of the dealership. Just a hot temper I suppose. But for me I wasn't bothered by him at all. Kept my cool and calmly walked out.

Since that time I don't say anything and just debadge as soon as I get home. No reason for me to make some jacka__ have a stroke :)

Disclaimer: this was a true event and yet more than likely just a one time crossing paths with an abnormally hot tempered guy that probably shouldn't have been a car salesman.

Yeah I just removed the dealer plate frames when I got home, I wasn't sure how to remove the decall on the rear liftgate, but getting rear-ended and replacing the liftgate took care of that.

Now I know for the future though, I'd request they don't put the decalls on the future and then just take the dealer plate frames off when I get home.

As to the thread topic, out here its "Subarus, Subarus everywhere."

regarding dealer plates,
I actually ask the dealer if they can give me some new OEM plates when i pick up the car.
They have always fulfilled my request.

Back