2017~2024 CX-5 Reverse beep hardly audible

BWJ

:
CX-60 Takumi
Have others had the same experience, the reverse alarm (beep beep beep) which has otherwise been quite powerful, is hardly audible anymore, which is only at reverse gear, at forward it is obviously another buzzer.

CX 5 2020.

Have others had the same experience, the reverse alarm (beep beep beep) which has otherwise been quite powerful, is hardly audible anymore, which is only at reverse gear, at forward it is obviously another buzzer.

CX 5 2020.
Reverse alarm (beep beep beep)? Don’t think we have such feature for US CX-5.

Upvote 0
Let’s try to figure this out if we can even if it’s not in the US. Could it be a setting accessible via the infotainment system?

Ps...Thanks @BWJ for trying out the new Question thread feature. (y)

Upvote 0
Maybe it’s the parktronic beeps or what we call in US for the CX5 - rear sensors which only the signature has while in Europe it’svpretty much common on all mid to high end cars.

Yeah, volume should be from the infotainment if existing at all.

Upvote 0
Just to be clear, bip alarm (parktronic beeps ) is inside the car, before you crash into stuff, and not outside for warning like trucks :LOL:

Upvote 0
In the US at least, the sound from the front and rear parking sensors come from the same location. Were your sensors factory installed?

Upvote 0
You should have someone put it in reverse while there's an object triggering the beep. I would suspect you could then locate the general area of where the sound is coming from and see if there is something blocking it.

Upvote 0
Volume level of alerts from the infotainment system should be configurable in the Settings menu. If you can't find it in your manual, you can try the method found in this video:

This section of the manual details the Parking Sensor System. It makes no mention of volume changes, only the frequency of the beeps with relation to the proximity of an object to the car. I would follow what the manual says and take the car to the dealership to be diagnosed - it should still be under warranty.

In the case of Rear Cross Traffic Alert, the Mazda Canada manual states that the audio level for this warning cannot be changed.

Upvote 0
Its the only complaint about my CX5 (2017-2019). I like to listen to music on high volume and everything when I park I can't hear the parking sensor. There is no settings to be found on the main menu to change the volume or that it auto mute / lower the volume of the music.

Upvote 0
Same issue on my 2023 Homura. When listening to music and parking back I can't hear the sound of parking sensors. I'll email dealer and ask about that.

Upvote 0
Today I heard back from the dealer and they gave mi this instruction:
image001.png

I'll test it later on but hopefully it will help :)

Upvote 0
Back