Removing Stock Radio

4GIVEN

:
2003.5 Blue MSP
How do you get the stock kenwood out so I can replace it? What needs to come off. Hopefully its not that hard, I dont want to break things in the dash trying to get it all apart. Thanks guys and gals!

I work Car Audio Install at Circuit City- its super easy- you just need to take a 90 degree pick or something similar and gently pull that black outer ring off and slide (im not sure about butter knives) what they call keys in there- if you stop by a best buy or ccity and ask for some pioneer keys those work good- stick thos in the two sides in the ceter til it clicks then use that pick again in one of the holes around the radio to pull it out- be careful because if it hasnt been pulled out yet then it may be in there pretty good with the wires behing it- once you pull it out, just disconnect the sub/amp rcas, the wire harness, and the radio antenna and put the new one in - (your probably going to need a new radio harness for the new radio if it isnt a kenwood). hope this helps :)

4GIVEN said:
How do you get the stock kenwood out so I can replace it? What needs to come off. Hopefully its not that hard, I dont want to break things in the dash trying to get it all apart. Thanks guys and gals!

Another quick question.

I have a pioneer premier I'd like to put in, is there a wiring adapter available that goes from Kenwood to Pioneer plugs?

Ok, cool, so the Kenwood wiring is just an adapter then...

Does no one have the keys to remove the HU that came with the car? s***, I should punch a few sets out and sell them here!

i have been sitting in my car for the last hour trying to get this thing out and have not had any luck. i stick in the tools on the side and try to get it to budge but it doesnt move at all.

any tips? ive tried a few times and have been unsuccessful. i am not completely sure where to insert the tools, and have gotten it to the point where i think if i pulled any harder i will break something... thanks!

your probably sticking the keys in the wrong place then... unless someone has gone in and backstrapped the radio if your not the original owner. it really is as easy sticking the keys in each side of the radio after you remove the trim ring and pulling. [_________]<---- the arrow points to where the key would need to go. if you cant get it, take it to a shop cause it is stupidly easy

Back