Removal of negative battery cable, potential issues?

Goodmorning Guys, This may be a silly question but I want to make sure before I start installing my amplifier. I will like to know If I was to disconnect the negative battery cable on my 2016.5 mazda cx-5 touring with navigation. Will I lose any functionalities such as the anti-theft system, key fob needing to be reprogrammed, a reset code for the factory head unit and finally any possible error codes that may arise in the future? Thank you guys again for all the help and info.

Goodmorning Guys, This may be a silly question but I want to make sure before I start installing my amplifier. I will like to know If I was to disconnect the negative battery cable on my 2016.5 mazda cx-5 touring with navigation. Will I lose any functionalities such as the anti-theft system, key fob needing to be reprogrammed, a reset code for the factory head unit and finally any possible error codes that may arise in the future? Thank you guys again for all the help and info.
When I replaced the battery with about 2-hour interval of battery power disconnect last October on my 2016 CX-5 GT with Tech Package, I lost only trip odometers. My radio favorites were still there although I don’t use too many features (i.e. cell phone) on Bose infotainment. I did the simple one-touch power window reset only on driver door according to owner’s manual. Later I noticrd the garage door setting on HomeLink was lost, that could be the result of battery disconnect. The engine and transmission performed the same, couldn’t tell there’re the re-learn process going on.

Last edited:
I haven't heard that heard you could lose anything important like that permanently, just takes time for the engine to re-learn idle settings.

You can plug a 12v source into one of the "always on " 12v sockets to prevent that.

Back