Remote Start- What am I doing wrong?

JRM1022

:
2016 Mazda CX-5
I finally seem to have gotten the hang of the remote start on my dad's CX-5 except for one thing. Once the car is running, I go to open the door and the car shuts off. Yes, the key fob is in my pocket. Shouldn't the car stay running if I have the fob in my pocket?

That seems kinda silly, but if that's the way it's supposed to be, I guess I'm doing it right then. Thanks!

that was the main reason I didn't go for a Mazda OEM remote starter. The other reason was that you only get one large remote vs two if you go aftermarket. In addition, aftermarket was also cheaper than OEM.

that was the main reason I didn't go for a Mazda OEM remote starter. The other reason was that you only get one large remote vs two if you go aftermarket. In addition, aftermarket was also cheaper than OEM.

any recommendations on a aftermarket remote starter?

Why can't Mazda in 2019 get what Chrysler and others got right in 2009? This remains a gripe of mine, the lack of standard oem remote start via fob.

Well, I need to ask my dealer what remote start they installed for me. I just get in, press the brake pedal, put it in gear and drive off. No re-start necessary. And yes, it works with the OEM key fob.

Well, I need to ask my dealer what remote start they installed for me. I just get in, press the brake pedal, put it in gear and drive off. No re-start necessary. And yes, it works with the OEM key fob.

Most likely compustar or fortin

Back