Rear struts + mounts replacement labor cost?

JesseM

:
2003 Protege5
Hey fellas, if I were to supply the parts, how much would you say is a fair rate to pay to have someone put them in? I don't have the tools/time/space (apartment), although I'd love to try. I can have the struts + mounts shipped for about $180. I found a local guy on Kijiji and he's going to give me a quote tonight for labor and labor + parts if he were to supply them. I'm thinking $125-150 for labor? Muchos gracias.

edit:

Also, will Protege sedan rear struts fit in a Protege5? Like these? http://www.ebay.ca/itm/PREMIUM-NEW-BARE-STRUT-ASSEMBLY-FOR-REAR-FITS-LEFT-DRIVER-SIDE-/181271886250?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2003|Model%3AProtege&hash=item2a34a579aa&vxp=mtr

Last edited:
Before paying someone have you checked here or other Canadian Mazda forums (if you are a member) to see if locals are nearby? If so, I'm sure they'd be willing to help out for next to nothing or even some food and a cold beverage.

Before paying someone have you checked here or other Canadian Mazda forums (if you are a member) to see if locals are nearby? If so, I'm sure they'd be willing to help out for next to nothing or even some food and a cold beverage.

^^ this guy is a smart one ;)

Thanks JT...lol

So Jesse, did you ever find anyone, pay the guy to do it or still waiting to install them? When I replaced my OEM struts/springs I met up with the NEMOC crew at a member's house in CT. There were about a dozen or so people around and we lowered my car and another member's RX8 that day and a few smaller things on other cars followed by a kickass cook out with food and drinks provided by all that came.

Thanks JT...lol

So Jesse, did you ever find anyone, pay the guy to do it or still waiting to install them? When I replaced my OEM struts/springs I met up with the NEMOC crew at a member's house in CT. There were about a dozen or so people around and we lowered my car and another member's RX8 that day and a few smaller things on other cars followed by a kickass cook out with food and drinks provided by all that came.

haha i bet i live less than 15mins away, I work in Fredericton.

Back