Rear Hatch Issue

:
2021 Acura RDX
This is really weird, but I am having a weird issue with my rear hatch tonight. It's raining very hard, so maybe that's why, but when I go to open it, I hear "2 clicks' and then it just "stops" it won't open. I can manually open it by pulling it (hope I'm not breaking anything more so - it's still under warranty). However, when I push the button to close it, it works, but again, will not open. WEIRD!

Anyway, I will call Mazda on Monday, but has anyone else encountered this? How often do you use your rear hatch? I barely even use mine. Ugh!

This is really weird, but I am having a weird issue with my rear hatch tonight. It's raining very hard, so maybe that's why, but when I go to open it, I hear "2 clicks' and then it just "stops" it won't open. I can manually open it by pulling it (hope I'm not breaking anything more so - it's still under warranty). However, when I push the button to close it, it works, but again, will not open. WEIRD!

Anyway, I will call Mazda on Monday, but has anyone else encountered this? How often do you use your rear hatch? I barely even use mine. Ugh!
Could be bad connection in switches or power lifting motors are failing? Hope you can duplicate the problem when you get to the Mazda dealer.

Could be bad connection in switches or power lifting motors are failing? Hope you can duplicate the problem when you get to the Mazda dealer.

I would guess the same thing. Maybe defective struts? I would not manually open it just in case something is caught in the mechanism that you can't see. If you can replicate the behaviour, take a video so you have something to show the dealer in case it happens to start working normally again.

Brings up something I was going to ask. Sometimes I'll open the hatch for someone who does't know the car to remove something and they then close it by hand before I can tell them to stop. Is manual closing bad for the hatch closing system?

That's what I'm thinking but I'll have to ask at the dealer at my next service.

Got a CX5 GT. Today first time rear power hatch would not work. Can't get it open. Tried running thru the gears, pressing button, changing remote. Just dead.

Got a CX5 GT. Today first time rear power hatch would not work. Can't get it open. Tried running thru the gears, pressing button, changing remote. Just dead.

Have you checked for blown fuses?

How are you trying to open it? Button in car, FOB, rear switch?
I've found if you try to use the switch on the right of the steering wheel you have to have all doors
locked.

Back