Rear ended by a 2015 Impreza!

Freedom55

2020 CX-5 GS AWD Montreal Canada
I bought my CX-5... 51 weeks ago. It happened yesterday at a flashing red light, luckily nobody got hurt! The 21 year old young man said he was sorry about 5 times and thought I had already took off after making a stop; seems to me he was texting or something like that and he had a passenger, perhaps he got distracted talking to him. Took my CX-5 to the local body shop I know a per my insurance; bumper cover needs to be replaced, possibly the reinforcement; exhaust system and rear fenders are intact. My 2" hitch probably did more damage to the Impreza front end...I estimate he hit me at about 10 MPH.

The motorized hatch works as well as rear cross traffic radar. Not the first time it happens and alas, I also bumped a few cars in my 50 years of driving (last time was about 20 years ago).

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.
Twice my cars were bumped from behind by someone trying to pick up something while waiting at red lights.
I let both go free due to minor scratches on the bumpers.

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.
Twice my cars were bumped from behind by someone trying to pick up something while waiting at red lights.
I let both go free due to minor scratches on the bumpers.
If minor scratches I think I would do the same too. I simply rather have minor scratches than mismatched aftermarket paint. But seems op needs to replace the bumper so no choice but to repaint.

I have a 2' hitch on mine for my bike rack and it's the first one I've ever had. I've wondered whether having it there in a rear ender is better or worse. It seems like at low speeds it might be a plus, but whether at higher speeds is there a chance of bending something under the car at the mounting points.

Now if there was a way to have the car detect a texting fool behind you and have it pop out a foot long spike from the hitch angled up to radiator height like a James Bond car that would be a nice accessory...

I have a 2' hitch on mine for my bike rack and it's the first one I've ever had. I've wondered whether having it there in a rear ender is better or worse. It seems like at low speeds it might be a plus, but whether at higher speeds is there a chance of bending something under the car at the mounting points.

Now if there was a way to have the car detect a texting fool behind you and have it pop out a foot long spike from the hitch angled up to radiator height like a James Bond car that would be a nice accessory...
Or maybe something like an airbag.

Back