Rattle in dash? Please help!

hi all

I have mazda 2014 mazda 2
I have a rattle coming somewhere from inside the dash.
Maybe somewhere between the instrumentation and the Stereo..
any idea like how to fix it ?
thanks

This is a thread on annoying dash rattles from the Mazda 3 forum: Annoying dash rattle found... but how do I fix it?
It seems not to be exactly the same problem with everyone who has it, but several people fixed it. Something probably needs to be tightened or padded with foam.

I have a dash rattle from the passenger side on my 2012, somewhere above the glove compartment, though I haven't tried to remedy it yet. I watched a review of the newer Mazda 2 not long ago, and it also had a dash rattle, which the reviewer blamed on the airbag. It's apparently a very common problem.

here is some video.. check this out pls @Tamago

I can't tell from the video exactly where the noise is coming from, and even if I could tell, this isn't a problem that I have fixed with my own car and that I can give you firsthand information about. I have only read how others have fixed their problems. You'll probably need to remove the glove compartment (and maybe more) and find out what is rattling.

I didn't see this suggested in the thread, but if you're going to bang on your dashboard a bit, disconnect your battery so your airbag doesn't deploy.

Back