Question?

Just wondering, were there any N\A 3rd gen. RX-7? If so other than not having twin turbos is there much of a difference in the cars.:confused:

3rd gens only came twinturbo. the biggest difference is the third gens came the fastest from the factory. looks the nicest, and can handle the most power :)

Actually I am looking for a 3rd gen. Twin turbo, but it will be a while. I was thinking about trying a 3 rotory under boost. But the only problem is that the 3 rotory engine is about 4,000 dollars. But hey, who said that speed is cheap?

I got them from a website, I will give you the address when I get it from my friend. I lost it.:rolleyes:

for most normal people a 13B is enough. if you have the $$$$$ to burn 20B is the way to go...... i could go insane and buy one and put it into my T2 but that doesn't seem likely with my current debt situation ;)

mikesmazda155 said:
I was thinking about trying a 3 rotory under boost. But the only problem is that the 3 rotory engine is about 4,000 dollars. But hey, who said that speed is cheap?

hmmm is that for a COMPLETE engine? that really doesn't sound to bad to me......considering in 1987 I spent $3600 just for the parts to build a complete VW engine....and NO...it wasn't anywhere near stock. it made 2X the stock horsepower....reliabily. so in "today dollars" I would start saving my cookies!

The 3rd Gen best looking??? I'd argue the 1st gen is the best looking, more classic, and better than the 3rd gen.

But, then again, I am partial to those funky hatch backs that were made in the late 70's early 80's...

Well, come to think of it, I'm partial to just about all hatchback cars...

Mazdaspeedgirl said:
That can't be a complete engine...no way!

Vos??

you can get a complete engine for $4000 but that doesn't have anything you need to actually make it run in another car. you need a radiator, custom rad piping, new intercooler with custom piping, custom motor mounts, etc etc etc. most conversions are in the $10k-$20k range!

Vosko said:

you can get a complete engine for $4000 but that doesn't have anything you need to actually make it run in another car. you need a radiator, custom rad piping, new intercooler with custom piping, custom motor mounts, etc etc etc. most conversions are in the $10k-$20k range!
ummm....yahhh....I think turbo miata would be easier and less expensive...:D

Vosko said:

well there is a miata parked in my driveway but i don't think my mom would truly appreciate me slapping on a turbo kit :D

She can't say yes if you never ask...

Back