Question for those who called Mazda to have the TCU deactivated

You need to call customer service and have them actively turn off the TCU. Expect to have to call a few times. Also, ask them to send you an email confirmation that the TCU has been turned off. At least Mazda gives you the option. But some people you talk to may be clueless on the subject.
went to dealer couple of days ago and they have no idea what i'm talking about..
called customer service a while ago and they sent a confirmation but doesn't say the tcu is deactivate it just say the case is closed.
i have a question. does the deactivation mean they stop collecting my data or completely kill the signal talking to the tower?

the configure the modem in the car to not send data but at the server side. At least that the official details. The cell service/signal is still there as it can be reactivated. Its like when you dont pay your mobile phone :) signal is there but you are not authorized at their servers to establish the connection. The car has an e-sim builtin it and each tcu has unique one and unique serial.
And yes they can still track cell towers just the car doesnt send the data anymore. Only real way to fully kill the system is remove the esim or kill the car antenna. there are two.

Last edited:
the configure the modem in the car to not send data but at the server side. At least that the official details. The cell service/signal is still there as it can be reactivated. Its like when you dont pay your mobile phone :) signal is there but you are not authorized at their servers to establish the connection. The car has an e-sim builtin it and each tcu has unique one and unique serial.
And yes they can still track cell towers just the car doesnt send the data anymore. Only real way to fully kill the system is remove the esim or kill the car antenna. there are two.
thank you! is there a manual to remove these two by ourselves? kill car antenna will not be able to get the radio? i heard to install attenuator but not sure if it works.
also...if mazda says the tcu is deactivated, can we trust it?

dont botherz removing the esim or antenna is not easy task :)
if Mazda deactivated it it shows no signal bar on the infotainment or it was X (dont recall which). Thats as much as you can do.

dont botherz removing the esim or antenna is not easy task :)
if Mazda deactivated it it shows no signal bar on the infotainment or it was X (dont recall which). Thats as much as you can do.
no signal bar means it won't talk to the tower anymore?
had a friend driving GM bolt and installed a attenuator and it works out ...

Back