Question about Fuel Economy Monitor

:
2016 Mazda CX-3 GT AWD
Ive had my new CX-3 for several weeks now, and Ive been trying to use the Fuel Economy monitor to track mileage for each fuel up. But for some reason, its not storing the Fuel Economy History the way I would expect.

No matter how many resets Ive done, it only shows data for the current period and one other. So in the lower part of the screen, there is a bar for #2 and Current, but 3, 4, 5 and 6 are blank. Ive checked the manual and didnt find anything that would explain why it's doing this.

Didnt notice it until after I had done two fill ups. I would have expected there would have been data for column 3 (from the tankful the dealer left me), column 2 (from my first fill up) and Current (from my current tankful). But there was nothing in Column 3.

I tried changing the settings for sync with Trip A , turned it on, turned it off, and neither changes the behavior.

One time I tried resetting multiple times during a single trip, and that did populate 2, 3, 4, etc. But when I turned off the car and then restarted it, it went back to just two columns again (Current and #2).

Anyone see similar behavior? Or have ideas on how to fix it? Or am I just being dense about how the Fuel Economy History is supposed to work?

Just got mine today and I'll be monitoring it. The dealer set it up to reset every time I reset the trip computer, so I'll see how that goes. The Honda Odyssey I have resets every time it is refuelled and keeps track of the last 3 I believe. Pretty handy.

Been doing a lot of driving so far and have filled it twice now. Column 3 is showing the tank from the dealer and then the last tank and current one. My wife didn't reset it when she filled it up, otherwise I would be hoping it would show column 4 as well. Have another long trip to do tomorrow, so I'll reset trip A again when I fill it and hopefully it will work as expected.

So after a few fillups now, my fuel monitor is acting as I expected it to. I have it set to reset with every time I reset trip A. It is now saved to column 5 I believe. Not sure if yours has a glitch or is set up differently, but mine is working. Maybe take it to the dealer to see about getting it set up/fixed

Glad it is working for you.

Mine is still glitchy - deleting everything in #3, 4, 5 when I shut the car off. I did get it to retain the data in column #3 one time after turning the car off, when I turned off the car momentarily and then turned it right back on. But the next time I turned the engine off for a while the data was gone again the next time I started the car.

It's also got some oddness going on with the navigation system, it doesn't respond well after I arrive at a destination, or cancel a destination after I've set it. It will cancel it in the moment, and go back to just displaying roadway information. But the next time I start the car, it resumes trying to give directions to the cancelled destination. (I've consulted the manual a few times to make sure I'm finishing a trip or cancelling the destination properly, so that's not the issue.)

So, yeah, I think I've got a visit to the dealer in my near future to get it sorted out.

Had a minor glitch with the nav myself. Just pulled out the SD card and it reset everything. Just had to do it once, so hopefully that's all that happens

Back