Question about CX-5 car care/maintenance, what is free, what is not?

yiflin

:
Mazda CX-5 Touring
Hi all,
I just got a new CX-5 Touring, but know barely nothing about it....

A question about the car care/maintenance is that, what item is free, covered by the Mazda warranty?
e.g. according to the <Maintenance passport>, I should replace the engine oil, engine oil filter, rotate tires, lubricate all locks and hinges...

1. Are these items free? or I should pay?
2. Where should I do these maintenance? the same dealer, or any Mazda dealer, or any car maintenance store?

Thanks!

Maintenance is not free, unless there are some terms in your sales contract which specify otherwise. Any maintenance free of charge is likely a promotional incentive offered at the dealer's disgression, which would mean any free or covered manitenance service would need to be done at the dealer where the car was purchased, or where the agreement was made.

Mazda does not cover any scheduled, routine maintenance.
They offer a manufacturer's warranty, which will cover any unscheduled or unforeseen maintenance at their expense. This can be redeemed at any Mazda dealership.

Nothing is free except your first oil change. :)

Any Mazda dealer can do your work, but many people prefer working with independent shops.

Unless stated otherwise by your dealer expect to pay for all the yourself. Probably around $20-$40.

In high cost urban/suburban area such as San Diego area (OP's locations), plan to spend $50-$100 for minor services at Mazda dealership.

Cx5 requires synthetic oil which increases the oil change cost. My first was free and my 2nd with tire rotation came in about 70 or 80. But this is a nicer dealer that mostly sells bmws. So expect to pay the same or a but less.

Hi guys,
i got question, do you guys know the part number of K&N air filter for Mazda Cx-5 ?
Thanks a lot,

They do not have one out for the CX-5 SkyA-G 2.0L yet.

Not sure why you want to go for K&N so soon anyways since K&N filters only pay off in the long run (10+ yrs 100,000+ miles) by a dismal amount. OEM paper filter elements actually filter better than K&N's cotton + oil. You won't notice ANY gains at all from the small increase in volumetric flow rate of the K&N.

Is this your first car? Or is this a joke??
I mean if you bought a brand new car, you must've done some research, right?
Second, if you look through your vehicle's owner's manual and maintenance booklet that came with it - when you bought the car - they should have plenty of info. Don't be lazy.
When you buy any kind of gadget with a warranty, do you expect the seller to change the batteries for you? Of course you pay for maintenance. Unless you got a promotion that covers 1 or 2 years of maintenance -- in which case you would know about it as the dealer/sales person would make sure to cover that when you were signing the paperwork.
Where do you have maintenance done on your vehicle is up to you. Dealer costs more but it's worth it for some. Or you can go to Pepboys or the like. Your choice.
Lastly.. these questions are ok for a 10-year old, but not for someone who just bought a brand new car. My 2 cents.

Hi all,
I just got a new CX-5 Touring, but know barely nothing about it....

A question about the car care/maintenance is that, what item is free, covered by the Mazda warranty?
e.g. according to the <Maintenance passport>, I should replace the engine oil, engine oil filter, rotate tires, lubricate all locks and hinges...

1. Are these items free? or I should pay?
2. Where should I do these maintenance? the same dealer, or any Mazda dealer, or any car maintenance store?

Thanks!

I think some non-automotive enthusiast /first time new car buyer-types will have questions like these and it's ok. All it takes to buy a new car is a small sum of money.

My CX-5 came with a free maintainance offer from MAZDA. Covers all reccommend parts and service for 75k miles, even sparkplugs, air filters, cabin filters, etc...

Hard to say if the original poster is referring to the Factory Warranty, or this No-cost Maintanance program.

Don't hold back NJ; tell us what you really think!
It was late and I think I was in 'low tolerance to stupid questions mood'.. :)
But truthfully, I see it all the time on Yahoo answers - people ask stupid questions just because they are too lazy to simply google and do a little bit of research..

It was late and I think I was in 'low tolerance to stupid questions mood'.. :)
But truthfully, I see it all the time on Yahoo answers - people ask stupid questions just because they are too lazy to simply google and do a little bit of research..

I bet you think people should read the manuals too!

My CX-5 came with a free maintainance offer from MAZDA. Covers all reccommend parts and service for 75k miles, even sparkplugs, air filters, cabin filters, etc...

Hard to say if the original poster is referring to the Factory Warranty, or this No-cost Maintanance program.

Does Mazda have an actual Mazda deal like that? Or is it just something that the dealer put together? Modern cars don't tend to need a lot of maintenance parts or work done, even in 75,000 miles.
Remember when cars needed tune-ups on a regular basis?

people ask stupid questions just because they are too lazy to simply google and do a little bit of research..

I have to agree a bit, as my first thought was "is this question for real". But at the same time the great thing about forums like this is they become repositories of information for future owners so even if the answer can be found on Google it is kinda nice also having it here.

One thing I often run into when searching forums is I find a list of posts that have to to with what I'm searching for but the bulk of them have "use the search feature, the answer is out there" for a reply.

Or more effort is put out not answering the question but instead lecturing the person. For example your response was 12 lines long, whereas the one by IHeartGroceries was 7 lines but answered the OPs question.

And a search of everything out there often turns up long lists of useless 'information'. Forums like this tend to attract people that will answer with actual facts and then more people will refine the answer with follow-up posts. Whereas things like yahoo answers and the other results that show up with a google search often tend to be useless as someone trying for a record number of answers just replies with a random guess. When I'm searching for information online I don't even click on any of those type of results because it will be someone who can't find the hood release telling you how to tell when you need to replace your water pump

Back