Prosport Gauges???

zinger002

:
2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed6
Just a few quick questions regarding their product.
1.) Does the digital series use the same sender as the premium and performance series?

2.) My cheepie performance series gauge was reading really incorrect from what the ap was telling me? could there be a leak in my stock bpv? all the hoses were tight and on there.

3.) The sender also just dies so would anyone have any reccomendations on a gauge thats digital preferably, OR analog that matches the ms6 interior with amber color, but yet it is still a correct reading?

any help is much appreciated.

**Should also say im looking to replace all 3 gauges for under 400 bucks hopefully. Thats my goal.
boost, oil pressure, and voltage ( voltage is not a for sure yet)

Last edited:
I have the vei boost gauge it's digital so easier to read and matches pretty well...maybe a little more red than orange.

I have the prosport voltage and oil temp gauges to fill the other two spots in the lotek pod (not installed yet)...so can't really comment on them.

they seem to read really close to what the ap says for voltage, like .3 volts off, and exactly what others tell me oil press should be.

but boost was way off. reads 12 when the ap is telling me 10 and still reads 12 when i am at 16 psi lol. cheap pos. so i was wondering if the better gauges, be it more expensive as they are supposed to be better, come with different senders?

as i dont want to spend another 30 dollars to get a mis reading paper weight.

i run the premium models and they seem to work fine. they read-at least what i think-right.
i did have a problem with a faulty oil pressure gauge that just didnt work. but they had good customer service and replaced it no problem.

i'm using the lotek pod as well. how bout a pic:
DSC00337-1.jpg

also, the premium and performance models are way different. even in the color of the silver ring around the face. i had to return a performance model for a premuim cuz it didnt match. this was a oil temp gauge and yes the sending unit was the same. all the wiring was a lil different though. no option to jump gauges together for power.

me and mistersix have the exact same setup except for the actual gauges themselves. I have the cheap ones and he has the nice ones. However, the senders are very different but my boost gauge reads correctly. here is a picture for you of my set up to help you with choosing and possibly color match.

IMG00008-20091027-1751.jpg

prosport premium is much better than the performance series..

i have 3 of them and have not have a problem with it... They match the factory gauge pretty well IMO..
Here are some shot of it..

IMG_3466.jpg

IMG_3467.jpg

IMG_3476.jpg

block8head, i got those same mats. i use em in the winter. those things are beast! i swear they weigh ten lbs each!

I have the prosport dig boost gauge and it reads consistantly but its slightly different from what my scangauge reads. So i know what ranges I need to look for. Still its annoying and I bought my boost gauge secondhand so im going to buy a new sender unit some day. Hopefully that fixes the problem. Aside from that the gauge looks great and as I said reads consistantly. It shows 20 psi at WOT when my scangauge shows 17-18.

I dont know if anyone else has this problem but I have my gauges wired up to be white during the day and amber at night. And they always come on different lol. If i turn on my lights as soon as my car is started they will do something crazy like one will be amber and one will be white or vis versa. only if my car has been running for a little while when i turn my lights on will they both be amber. I might also have a bad sending unit for the boost gauge. one of my friend said that he had the same problem that im having, he said that he fixed it by grounding the sending unit to the same place as the gauge so im going to get them both to the same ground and see what happens.

i would assume one would want all the gauges to share the same ground. not sure thats your color problem though.

are all the connections for the gauges common?

i would assume one would want all the gauges to share the same ground. not sure thats your color problem though.

are all the connections for the gauges common?

What do you mean are all of the connections common? Also i dont know why the ground would have to be the same? lol i though all grounds were created equal!

common as in the all the grounds are connected to the same point, the acc wire to the same point, etc....

its just a common practice in car audio that all the grounds are connected at the same point. like when you have multiple amplifiers.

the premium series is markedly better in terms of performance, quality and in my opinion, looks. prosport has been very good to me about any warranty issues i have brought to them. to be frank i have had more issues with Autometer Nexus high end gauges than prosport.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123753843&highlight=cpe+triple+guage+mount&page=2

I have pics of my cpe triple gauge mount there. Couple of them I have the battery on so the dig boost gauge on the left shows 0. Kind of bad pics in the sun / with flash but there they are.

Personally I like prosport. Its either prosport premiums or Defi for me. Defi is just too expensive so ill stick with prosport.

thanks, but i really dont like the look of the digital one now...

the premium series is markedly better in terms of performance, quality and in my opinion, looks. prosport has been very good to me about any warranty issues i have brought to them. to be frank i have had more issues with Autometer Nexus high end gauges than prosport.

is there some movement in the prices on them :) (drinks)

I will make all my connections "Common" and then see how they do, do both of the gauges need to be grounded and get its hot from the same place or just the same gauge and the sender that corresponds with that gauge to the same place. Hope that makes sense.

Yeah I would only get digital for certain gauges. But Digital makes reading boost much easier. You can see it with your peripheral vision while you drive. With a standard needle you really need to stare at it to read it. Thats why I got the digital. For my oil pressure / oil temp im getting standard needle guages.

humm... im thinking about getting the digital ones now, dont even care if they dont match lol.

might need a vent pod for a 60 mm gauge along the road....

Back