Problem installing crossbars

eh3817

:
CX9 GT
I had problem pushing the sliders to the rails. They don't seem to be flexable enough. I am afraid I'll break them if I force too much. Any idea? Thank you.

Hi, thank you for replying. I took out the access cover and the space open up (in length) is less than half the length of the slider. According to the installation manual that's where the slider goes in. I'll check again after work. So you have install the OEM crossbars and don't recall had to force the slider? Thank you for your help.

Hi, thank you for replying. I took out the access cover and the space open up (in length) is less than half the length of the slider. According to the installation manual that's where the slider goes in. I'll check again after work. So you have install the OEM crossbars and don't recall had to force the slider? Thank you for your help.

I just installed mine. Yes, the sliders seem like they do not want to go in. But, if you line up the grooves exactly and apply slight pressure, it'll go in.

The quality of sliders do not exactly instill confidence, since they are made of plastic. I'm kind of regretting buying the OEM crossbars now. I was wanting to get the Mont Blanc Aero Grippers but the wife vetoed it due to cost and looks. The Mont Blancs sit on top of the roof rails and does not give that flush look. I argued that I can remove them should I decide to part ways with the CX-9. But, due to cost and frequency of probable use, I could not justify getting the Mont Blancs. Oh well, I hope I do not regret that decision.

Thank you for the replies. I installed the crossbars with no issue. I also installed the Yakima fat cat 6 on the crossbars. Carried 4 snowboards (2 w/binder, 2 w/o) to and back from 7 Springs (PA) about 350 miles round trip. Didn't notice any significant wind noise and everything is as tight as it can be. The OEM crossbars give very little clearance that's why I had to take the binders out. This is my first roof rack/snowboard carrier experience but I imagine the after market crossbars (eg. Mont Blanc) will give more clearance for the snowboard/ski carrier.

Back