Pricing released (U.S.)

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/02/new-2013-mazda-cx-5-crossover-priced.html

2013%2BCX-5%2BPricing%2BMSRP.jpg

Thanks for posting this ManMachine!

Manual trans only available on the SPORT!!! (loser)

Shame on Mazda for not offering DRIVERS / buyers the chance to have the options they want, and a also have a chance to try the new SKYACTIVE 6MT MANUAL TRANSMISSION!

I emailed MAZDA about ordering a Touring or GT with a manual transmission, however Mazda offers no order program.

Pricing seems reasonable. Fully loaded for about 30k, not bad.

Wondering how much a fully loaded AWD Grand Touring would be with all on road costs, delivery charges and taxes.
Where prices shows above are in the US style of retail price before taxes and charges, it's against the law here in Australia to print costs unless every charge is included. As a result, the on the road cost of the top petrol model in Australia is closer to the $46,000 mark (final figure on-road customer pays).
I note some of the options above kept as separate items are just bundled in, which does bump up the price - but I can't see all taxes and fees making a $16,000 difference.

Tax/Title/delivery/etc in the US is usually about $800 or so.

Tax/Title/delivery/etc in the US is usually about $800 or so.

$800 extremely cheap.

Are you sure that's correct?
I know tax in New York for example is 8.5%. 8.5% of $20,695 (the bottom range figure) is $1759.08 - which is more than 200% of $800.
If $800 was the tax and delivery charges put on the top model, the tax rate would be about 2-3% - that seems implausible.

But if you are getting that - then wow.... I think the US is getting the best deal globally.

In Australia, tax is 10% - a bargain compared to the 18% in the UK.
Which means that the tax alone on the top vehicle is closer to $4000.

But to apply a penalty to the wealthy, the tax increases to 35% if the value goes over $55,000.
That said, doesn't stop nice cars. A Lamborghini is daily sight.

You might be right. I'm looking more (its been 4 years since i've bought a car), and yeah the 800 I was quoting is registration/title/delivery, not tax. Tax is based on your location, some states have no sales tax, but most have between 5-10%. Here in Ohio, its 6.25%, so it would be a little less than $1300 in tax.

I'm not positive now though...

All Mazda is doing is trying to balance the demand with the complexities of development and test. Unless you understand the development process shaming Mazda is pretty shortsighted. Even BMW, Ferrari as well as Porsche are leaning more toward automatics as is the sport. Like it or not it's an evolution.
Personally I thought I'd never be caught dead driving an auto, but Mazda has done a good job IMO making an auto engaging to drive with a properly orientated manual mode (i.e. gate is on driver's side, push up to downshift and pull back to up shift, while you can bounce the tach off the limiter). As a guy who drove sticks for 30 years I have to say I haven't missed it much and really appreciate the option of putting it in auto mode when I'm tired. Fact is though I used manual mode on both our CX 9 and 6 sGT 99% of the time and it's still a blast-and this is with Aisin souced trannies. Mazda Skactiv autos are measuring up to be MUCH better.
I only wish Mazda would offer shift paddles (downshift on left, up shift on right)

Last edited:
Back