CX-9 Power window issue

Sounds like a motor/regulator issue. Pull the door card and see if anything tries to move when you push the button. Likely won’t and you’ll either get to learn how to replace a regulator or take it to a shop to do it for you

Sounds like a motor/regulator issue. Pull the door card and see if anything tries to move when you push the button. Likely won’t and you’ll either get to learn how to replace a regulator or take it to a shop to do it for you
So there is no chance of fuse issue?

Definitely not a fuse issue as all windows are on the same fuse and the other windows work. What you need to do is check for power and ground with a multimeter or light probe at the harness that plugs into the motor of the regulator when you operate the switch with the ignition in the ON position( engine not running). If you have both then that confirms a dead regulator. If you do not have power and ground then you have a switch or wire harness issue

Definitely not a fuse issue as all windows are on the same fuse and the other windows work. What you need to do is check for power and ground with a multimeter or light probe at the harness that plugs into the motor of the regulator when you operate the switch with the ignition in the ON position( engine not running). If you have both then that confirms a dead regulator. If you do not have power and ground then you have a switch or wire harness issue
Much appreciate your help… in my attached diagram, it shows 2 different fuses for passenger seats L and R. So, if I am right, they are not on same fuse!!!

I think they mean power seat R and power seat L. I would interpret that as the fuse for the adjustment for the driver and front passenger seats.

And it looks like you don’t have a front passenger power seat since there are no fuse in the P. Seat Right slot.

At this point, I would recommend bringing it to a mechanic. I don’t mean to be rude, but based on the exchange that has happened here, I think any help I can provide or what @Tchman2016 tried to provide seems to be a bit above your skill set. If I am wrong, I am more than happy to help. If you want to do some diagnosis, you need access to the motor/regulator and a multimeter as was mentioned by Tchman. That’s probably a better approach than what I suggested in just replacing it.

My personal approach in vehicle issues is to have the parts on hand if I have a good idea of what could be wrong (in this case a window regulator) and do a visual inspection to see if anything obvious looks wrong before replacing. Might do a continuity test on the window switch that’s located in the same door just for sanity, then move on to replacing the likely faulty part.

The fuse you are looking for is #24 in the glove box fuse box, not the engine fuse box as you have pictured. It’s a 30A fuse and controls all power windows. Labeled “P.WIND.”

Back