Power seat front-back double failure

:
2017 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring Premium
Today when trying to move the passenger power seat forward it would not… or backward. Every other adjustment works. Same issue with the driver's seat. I checked the fuses for both and they look ok. Besides, there is only ONE fuse for LEFT and one for RIGHT seat, so I concluded that if the fuse were bad NOTHING on that power seat would work. Any ideas? How could BOTH power seat front/back functions have failed?? I have 35,500 miles and just under 36 months, so I'm going to try a warranty claim. But still, it seems too early for something like this to fail.

The dealer is replacing both front/aft motors on both front seats. No word yet on cost, but I let them know to warn me if it would cost me anything or covered under warranty. The car is still at the dealer.

The dealer is replacing both front/aft motors on both front seats. No word yet on cost, but I let them know to warn me if it would cost me anything or covered under warranty. The car is still at the dealer.
They ALL went at the same time?????

🎵 🍻 Must have been one heck of a party. 🍺 🎶

They should be covered under new-car warranty. Refuse to pay anything if the dealer charges you.

Both motors failed at the same time? Hard to believe. Please report us back what the culprit the dealer actually has found.

Both seat motors (1 for each front seat) failed within 11 days of each other. That leads me to believe it was a defective batch of motors. I'll keep you posted.

Both seat motors (1 for each front seat) failed within 11 days of each other. That leads me to believe it was a defective batch of motors. I'll keep you posted.
Yeah let us know if the dealer is replacing motor only or the entire seat bottom frame.

I got my CX-5 back from the dealership’s service department today. They replaced BOTH “power seat units” (passenger and driver) with their corresponding motors. The part numbers are KD1A-88-AA0A and KD1A-88-AF0A. I signed the “bill to Mazda,” which was over $1,500, and my bill was NO CHARGE, including a free loaner, so that is great. My CX-5 is at about 35,600 miles so still under warranty… thank heaven! I am 60 years old, have owned many cars with power seats in my past, and have NEVER had them fail, and certainly not BOTH fail within 11 days of each other. Thankfully Mazda came through on the warranty.

Glad you got it fixed under warranty.

I'm 65. The only power seat I've ever had fail were in a '63 Lincoln. This was in '72. The relays crapped out, not the motor.

Door locks were iffy until I replaced the vacuum lines ;)

Back