Power Loss

I recently bought a 2004 wagon with a smoking/knocking v6 for cheap that is a one owner car and had a newer transmission. I happened to have an engine pulled out of another one that ran (we speed6 swapped the other wagon) anyhow got it all back together, starts abs idles great but I’m having some power issues. With mild to medium acceleration the car acts as expected. Car cruises at freeway speeds no problems, idles great. When I put my foot into it either on the freeway or from a stop it feels like the engine bogs down, almost the feeling of brakes being stuck on like the engine is losing power under load, struggles to climb hills, etc. in park it will rev up just fine no issues, 2 codes P1487 and P2227, kinda stuck because this engine worked fine in the other car. MAF reading a little high at idle (4.8 g/s) I’m thinking maybe MAF or EGR maybe clogged rear cat (warm up cats stayed on good engine) Anyone have this happen and know a fix or at least a direction to go in? O2 sensors responding as expected as well.

Attachments

• C9BC438A-CC27-41BD-8A9F-521F784A60F9.jpeg
    C9BC438A-CC27-41BD-8A9F-521F784A60F9.jpeg
    229 KB · Views: 116
UPDATE

Suspicious of plugged exhaust I went out to the garage and reached up into the cat for the rear bank on the bad engine - totally loose and crusty/melted catalyst material inside, leading me to believe some part of the exhaust that remained on the car is plugged up with cat material. I’m glad my friend kept the old exhaust system from his wagon, hopefully I didn’t damage the good cats, will swap the exhaust system for the known good one and report back

Back