Post Pictures of Your CX-5 Mods, Upgrades and Accessories!

I took off the bumper to get a better cleaner install IMO. Wasn't too bad.

I probably have the most modded CX-5 out there (audio). RickyGetsLoud on TikTok

Attachments

• IMG_6468.jpeg
    IMG_6468.jpeg
    189.8 KB · Views: 112
The car was built for audio competitions lol

I'll bet that you could pop hail dents out of the sheet metal with the SPL inside that car!

You win cash? Enough to pay for all that? Did you have to beef up the suspension to accommodate the extra weight?

If the entire inside wasn’t formed out with 3” worth of wood with metal bracing and gaps filled with expanding foam, I’d probably have enough pressure. Don’t win cash, but have picked up sponsorships. Not close to enough to pay for it, I’m negative about $30k right now into the build lol. Suspension SHOULD be beefed up, I’ve dropped about 3-4” in the rear…in all honesty my thought process was “wear the s*** out of stock and then worry about it”. Once I blow out the stock suspension (which has been taking it surprisingly well) I’ll be upgrading. Last show I metered, I did a 157.1db, but have made a few gains since then. Goal is to get it to a 160db.

More so than the actual competition side of things; I built it to be a nasty demo machine. Meaning I love having a line of people waiting to sit in it and hear what it does. The smiles and looks of shock when someone gets in it and doesn’t expect it to be as loud as it is, is great. It’s why I do this. Check out my TikTok for videos of that lol RickyGetsLoud

If the entire inside wasn’t formed out with 3” worth of wood with metal bracing and gaps filled with expanding foam, I’d probably have enough pressure. Don’t win cash, but have picked up sponsorships. Not close to enough to pay for it, I’m negative about $30k right now into the build lol. Suspension SHOULD be beefed up, I’ve dropped about 3-4” in the rear…in all honesty my thought process was “wear the s*** out of stock and then worry about it”. Once I blow out the stock suspension (which has been taking it surprisingly well) I’ll be upgrading. Last show I metered, I did a 157.1db, but have made a few gains since then. Goal is to get it to a 160db.

More so than the actual competition side of things; I built it to be a nasty demo machine. Meaning I love having a line of people waiting to sit in it and hear what it does. The smiles and looks of shock when someone gets in it and doesn’t expect it to be as loud as it is, is great. It’s why I do this. Check out my TikTok for videos of that lol RickyGetsLoud

$30k? Holy s***!!! o_O

Back