Possible glitch with the Lane-Keep Assist System

:
Mississauga, CA
:
2017 CX-5 GT
I believe there is a glitch with the Lane-Keep Assist System in my Canadian 2017 CX-5 GT with Tech package. While the LKAS seems to work fine, for some reason I dont get the LKAS icon showing in the digital gauge (see attached pic) as owners manual suggests.

I have only seen that icon once briefly while driving on a side road during my one year ownership. Ive never seen it ever since and started to wonder why its not there. I am otherwise getting the steering wheel vibrations, flashing lines in the HUD and in the digital cluster when the system is operational. The LKAS seems to work fine.

I am starting to think it may be the aftermarket remote starter Ive installed which also gives me the Radar Cruise control disabled under the 30km/h error message.

Its not really a big issue, just wondering if this is normal behavior.

Attachments

• LKAS.jpg
    LKAS.jpg
    419.3 KB · Views: 307
If you push info on your steering wheel, it will get rid of the Radar cruise error and go back to the standard info screen. Then just keep pushing the info button to scroll through the info screens from there to find the LKAS. I just tested it on my 2017 Canadian GT w/tech and it's there.

As for the Radar Cruise error itself, I got Compustar remote start from my dealer when I bought the car. I was getting the error as well. Brought it back to them and they did a firmware update on the remote start. It's summer so I don't really use it but with a few tests, it seems to be better. Maybe you can try the same. I heard from someone else on this forum that a firmware update to the remote start system fixed it for them as well.

If you push info on your steering wheel, it will get rid of the Radar cruise error and go back to the standard info screen. Then just keep pushing the info button to scroll through the info screens from there to find the LKAS. I just tested it on my 2017 Canadian GT w/tech and it's there.

As for the Radar Cruise error itself, I got Compustar remote start from my dealer when I bought the car. I was getting the error as well. Brought it back to them and they did a firmware update on the remote start. It's summer so I don't really use it but with a few tests, it seems to be better. Maybe you can try the same. I heard from someone else on this forum that a firmware update to the remote start system fixed it for them as well.

Pushing the info button will get rid of the message but the error is still there. The Radar Cruise control will still disable under 30km/h.
My remote starter in an iDatastart HC2352AC which I updated one time but it still didn't fix the issue.

Regarding the LKAS icon, nothing Ive tried made the icon show up in the digital cluster. Still a mystery...

So you're pushing the info button and it's rotating through the screens? Which screens do you get?

Back