Pics of refreshed CX-9, CX-5's big brother =)

the front end is more new mazda6 really. but defenitly a huge upgrade over the previous design! i actually like the way this Cx9 looks. and would never even think of giving the past design a 2nd look.

I am definitely in the market for a 3 row SUV, looking to get rid of my old Faithful but sometimes pain in the ass with all the fixes Mountaineer. I like this CX-9, the grill looks a lot better than the older one.

Actually the new Mazda 6 looks like a compacted version of CX-5. The CX-9 in those pics has many of the style attributes of the CX-5 as well.

Actually the new Mazda 6 looks like a compacted version of CX-5. The CX-9 in those pics has many of the style attributes of the CX-5 as well.

i was talking about the bumper shape. which the fog layout and such is def different between the mazda6 and cx5. this CX9 having more the mazda6 style of bumper design. ;)

Oh yeah definitely, I was looking at the grill :) I don't know I like it. Supposed to have LED DRL in the headlights as well according to the article. I may get this or the 2014 model a year later, really interested in what the final version will look like.

Actually, I should have clarified my comment. Its a nice refresh but...
1. The front takes the sharp lines of Kodo design and rounds them out, making it less appealing than a CX5 or 2014 Mazda6
2. The side view shows the same dated architecture, and I can only imagine the same for the rear.

The CX9 has never been my cup of tea, but others may like it.

No harm done (slight hint of Infiniti), but I understand the drive to incorporate the corporate face/grill. It's ok.

Reasonably well-done because that's an entire new front clip (including fenders, grill, bumper, hood, etc.).

Last edited:
Out with the old, in with the new (and across the entire product line).

Back