Pedal Commander

:
13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose
Anyone here have experience with this product? Seems like another throttle by wire piggyback. Only this one has much wider range of adjustability ranging from sport to eco. Checked Amazon as well as a dozen or so various car make/forums (Ford, BMW, Jeep, Hyundia, Honda, Chevy, Mercedes, ect, ect. and the majority experienced improved throttle response in electronic drive-by-wire systems. Pretty good feedback from actual owners. Can be used on stock or in conjunction with existing tunes.

https://www.pedalcommander.com/

sounds like one of those signal booster/voltage multiplying devices. Also, despite the total number settings, I bet you will only find yourself using very few of them overall, possibly 2-3 max (eco: just to try it out to see how "eco" it is; middle setting: to replicate stock acceleration for trips to the dealer; max: to see how much of a different it actually makes in the performance/pick up of the vehicle)

Once you've gone through all of the settings, you'll settle on just a few and most will be too close to each other and you will think, "why do these even exist".

$300? wtf? That's more than half of a ECU tune, which not only adjusts the throttle feedback but gives you actual performance gains.

Comparing my analog manifold pressure gauge to my pedal depress mine seems to line up fairly intuitively.

Yeah just curious. I'm sure 0-60 times may not be affected.....or is it? The vast amounts of butt dyno testimonials has to account for something...I mean right? LOL:)

they are available for my drive by wire GTI and I have a friend who has one (possibly diff brand) installed in his '14 FIAT 500L Trekking 6spd. I would say the experience is similar to installing a lightened flywheel w/o the added benefit or quick rpm acceleration/deceleration. My friend keeps it near its max setting (9 total). More or less, you get "full throttle" voltage request at half pedal and his car does feel a lot more zippy. Again, no more engine power or added fuel, or trick engine parts, just an engine that gets the full throttle signal sooner in the go pedal position.

Does that one have a full refund available?

Might be better for an ECU upgrade as that will give you better fuel metering at all rpm ranges for optimized running

Back