P5 fog light conversion on msp

:
2003.5 mazdaspeed protege
Hi I was wondering if anyone has a link on a DIY write up for the p5 fog light conversion on a 03.5 msp? Thanks in advance.

You have to cut or remove the front lip to make them fit. Please do not cut the lip they are rare. Smaller 4" fogs will fit without cutting the lip, there is a thread on here if you search.

The harness is there, as are all the plugs. You will need the bumper harness for the lights, the lights and mounting hardware, the switch, and the relay (plugs into your stock fuse box.) That should do it.

Cool. Thank you for all the info. I've searched. Thinking that this might be a subject that is well covered. But I guess not. I'm sure won't cut the front lip, I will go with the 4 inch light if needed.

Why not just remove the lip altogether and then you can use the stock fog light brackets/lights/hardware for a painless install?

I have a lip someone cut where oem fogs would still work but it would require drilling the bumper in front of lower grill to secure it to the bumper since the part that fills in the fog areas and mounts were removed. Didn't want to drill new bumper. I have an uncut lip and found these adapter things for 4" fogs that bolt to lip thru the holes for the small grills. But the 4" fogs have no way to convert to HID so the fogs would be as useless as oems are without being converted to HID so I just decided for now to go without fogs. Bummer thing is that I have a fresh set of oem fogs converted to HID right before road debris ate part of the original bumper before I even had a lip, just had the MP3 splitter. Then had to buy new bumper and the splitter was trash too and didn't think I'd find another of those and got into the lip situation trying to use the oem HID fogs so I have all these options to sort thru before I go have bumper and whichever lip painted 22v. What a klusterphuk. Not sure what I'll end up with at this point besides a new bumper and lip and CDM grill, maybe fogs, maybe not. I wanted my headlights to be halogen and use the HID kit in the lows for the fogs but now I am back to HID lows and Yellow highs that are now my fogs since the lights are pointed down enuff not to blind everyone. Also got a set of retros to add to this that need to be opened back up to secure the projector a bit better where the HID lows won't be so blinding and the high beams could once again be high beams instead of pointing at the ground to keep lows from blinding others being in halogen housing.

Last edited:
I might put a hole in the fog light delete plastic trim that came with the msp. And mount a projector lens that I got from my buddies crashed fusion. See how that goes

hope more than just the snap in prongs on the delete hold that projector to the lip........and yes, let's see whatcha end up with

Instead of drilling into the deletes (also very hard to find) you should sell them to me and mount the fogs directly to the lip/bumper like the stock ones or get the brackets that were made to mount fogs to the lip. I can't remember the name of the company that made them right now but they pop up on the forum every once in a while

I have those brackets and 4" fogs that came with them. Not cutting lip or delete grills. Until I find a fog that will mount with the adapters that is HID or is convertible to HID, I will be going without fogs. I also have a lip someone else cut so oem fogs could be used but that lip will need fasteners across lower grill area to mount solid and not gonna drill the bumper or lip for that to happen. Other than the new bumper and uncut lip turning 22v, not sure how the rest with or without fogs will play out for now.

I know this thread is about a month old, but kinda goes along with my question..

I was told Piaa 510 fog lights will fit the MSP bumper without cutting the lip, will these fit the G3 brackets like the 540 lights? Also, being that the Piaa lights are HID, what is the best way to wire these in with the OEM sub-harness that goes to the P5 lights?

The HID bulb will have the connector for the stock plug. Honestly there aren't many people that have done this and even less that are on this forum regularly, you may have to buy them and try for yourself.

I know this thread is about a month old, but kinda goes along with my question..

I was told Piaa 510 fog lights will fit the MSP bumper without cutting the lip, will these fit the G3 brackets like the 540 lights? Also, being that the Piaa lights are HID, what is the best way to wire these in with the OEM sub-harness that goes to the P5 lights?
I can take a pic of the brackets so you can see how the lights would mount to adapters if you want...........

I can take a pic of the brackets so you can see how the lights would mount to adapters if you want...........

Sorry for the late reply back to you. If you still have those pics, that would be great if you're still willing to send those to me. I finally found a set and will be ordering the lights soon.

Last edited:
Back