P5 Cig Lighter Replacement

nightqq

:
Mazda P5 2003
Hey,

I recently got a 2003 P5 and I realized the cig lighter is smaller than other cars. My old car chargers don't fit. I want to replace it with a standard sized one. I've removed the cup holder and the radio to try to get to pull the lighter out but I can't seem to reach. Can someone pelase teach me what I need to remove and how to get to the cig lighter?

Thanks!

You'll have to remove the center console. Its not hard, you'll only need a screwdriver. Two screws on the sides of the front footwells, then slide forward both seats and there's two screws back there, and two more under the ebrake surround, which just pops out. Then pull out the cupholders and the console will be able to be removed.

Weird, Canadian thing? My 2003 has standard cig lighter size. Never any issues with 12v chargers / devices.

Ok... False alarm. The previous owner left a small piece inside the cig lighter. I just pulled it out and everything is fine. Thanks for the info on how to remove the center console though, I will need that in the future.

Back