P0660 and p0703 at the same time?

:
97camaroSS e30 318is Spicy #1348
These two are unrelated, but popped up at the same time while sitting at a stop light.

No irregular idle or electrical issues. Vacuum is at 20 and boosts to 6.5-7. I checked the connector to the solenoid and seemed good, the solenoid wasn't melted or anything and the hoses were actually in perfect condition. I did a disconnect and reconnect.

I checked the fuses for brake lights and brake light switch. The button was slow to retract. I worked it a few times and now seems to be good. Works every time now.

I disconnected the battery and cleared the lights.

Hasnt come back in 20 or so miles as of now. Anyone have any ideas or insights? How could these pop up at the same time?

You likely need a new VICS solenoid, it has a white plug and sits on top of the intake manifold. They all fail over time.

The brake switch likely needs to be replaced as well, or you have a wiring harness short at the brake switch. I bet it's the switch itself.

Replace them both and your lights will go away. I doubt they actually both popped up at the same time, the 660 was likely stored in the ECU or was pending.

Back