P-coated Stockies

Protephile

Propulsionally Challenged
:
2022 CX-30
Just got my rims back the other day. Powdercoated by none other than the infamous Super Matty P!

Attachments

• garycar1.jpg
    garycar1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 266
  • garycar3.jpg
    garycar3.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Nice man! VEry good job! How much did p-coating run ya?

mspdfreak said:
As long as YOU like it. Congrats.

I do, actually. You shoulda just said you hated them and skipped the sarcasm, I'm not offended by an honest opinion.
If I were THAT thin-skinned, I wouldn't have posted pics.

i want to do that with my P5 too but a little less gloss and i wanna run some thicker tires for a stealthy race car look.

Thanks for the kind words. As for Matty's blaster, yes, he had to order parts but it is fixed. Problem with the silver finish on the stock wheels, though, Matty said there's a really sticky undercoat on them that was a b**** to get off. He ran out of media and had to send 1 or 2 (can't remember) out to get finished before he coated them I just did the center caps this weekend, here's a pic and a somewhat better pic of the finished product.

Attachments

• DSCN2724.JPG
    DSCN2724.JPG
    9 KB · Views: 108
  • 06250502.jpg
    06250502.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 105
Ryoga28 said:
How much did it cost?

I was Matty's guinea pig, so I got a good deal but I can ask what he'd charge you. If your rims are painted it would be more because they'd have to be stripped. You have a PM.

they sell a paint thinner at lowes or home depot or ace that will take the wheels all the way down to the metal, i used them on my mp3 wheels im painting black.

never Ender said:
very nice. get bigger pics plz :D

Here, this should be better....

Attachments

• kargo1.jpg
    kargo1.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 41
  • kargo2.jpg
    kargo2.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 43
  • kargo4.jpg
    kargo4.jpg