Owner Loyalty Rebate?

:
19 CX-5 Signature
My daughter owns an 17 GT. I helped* her buy it last year. I*m currently negotiating on a 19 Sig. Salesdude asked me if my daughter lived at home (nope), didn*t think much about it at the time but I get now he was wanting to see if I qualify for the 750.

What hurdles would I encounter if I have my daughter buy the car, say as a Christmas gift for dear old dad, and I give her the $? Heck, she can pay with cashier*s check from me/my bank. Cash purchase.

* as in I did everything except sign and pay. :p

Last edited:
There might be some leeway if her 2017 is registered in her name and she shares your last name. Just ask the salesman and hopefully he'll be straight with you.

I don't think that's even necessary. My salesperson said that as long as someone in my family (immediate or extended) owns a Mazda, I would qualify. Unfortunately this was the first Mazda.

Someone else who recently purchased said that he didn't even have to name a person in his family to get the loyalty rebate. The dealer just asked him if he or any of his family owned a Mazda. He said yes, and they put it through. They didn't even bother to verify names or anything.

I have a feeling it's just a box they check off when they're writing up the sale. Since its a rebate, the $750 probably doesn't affect their commission in any way.

Just talk to your salesperson and see what they say. Pitch the idea of your daughter buying it for you if necessary. I bet they get this question all the time, lol.

Agree with above and worse case scenario your daughter certainly could 'buy you' the car. This happens all the time and is no big deal.

You should be fine. Its not like its money laundering and the fed coming to your house knocking at midnight LOL!

Back