Opinions wanted on whether or not to do a carbon fiber wrap

vanwyk4257

:
2013 CX5 touring awd
I've been doing some sublte mods to my 2013 CX5 metropolitan gray mica touring. So far I have HID installed Morimoto HID headlamps (very happy with these), yellow fogs, H&R sport springs and some black 19" grand touring wheels. I also debadged the rear hatch with the exception of the mazda emblem due to the alignment holes in the panel.

One thing that has always bugged me a bit about the front end is the gloss black panel around the badge on the grill, it just looks out of place. I'm thinking about doing a carbon fiber wrap on that panel, the exterior mirrors, and possibly the panel on the hatch above the license plate. I will probably black out the mazda emblems at the same time.

I think it will work with the color of my CX5 since it would be pretty subtle. Thoughts?

I did blue as the carbon would still look black and my wife wouldn't go for the copper and brass steampunk look :(

attachment.php

imo ^ no. If you wrap the glossy trim, you should wrap the other chrome piece as well. Just keep it consistent imo, like flat black or that crossthatch design on everything. Once you start miss-matching things it looks silly.

One thing that has always bugged me a bit about the front end is the gloss black panel around the badge on the grill, it just looks out of place. I'm thinking about doing a carbon fiber wrap on that panel, the exterior mirrors, and possibly the panel on the hatch above the license plate. I will probably black out the mazda emblems at the same time.

I think it will work with the color of my CX5 since it would be pretty subtle. Thoughts?

The big chrome Mazda symbol on the front bugs me. IMO, dipping the glossy black panel on hood to make it flat black and then painting the giant Mazda symbol glossy black would be a classy look.

The big chrome Mazda symbol on the front bugs me. IMO, dipping the glossy black panel on hood to make it flat black and then painting the giant Mazda symbol glossy black would be a classy look.
Since I have a black car, the black hood panel doesn't bother me.
OTOH, I didn't like the chrome 'smile' on the front, so I dipped it black and did the front emblem in gray.
I think it looks better.

Back