One thing you would change or Mazda should redesign?

What is the automatic parking brake? Not all of us know the CX-30 and it's features. Thx.

It basically is an electric motor that always sets the parking brake when you park. The key is always. A lot of us hate it because it takes easy control of the parking brake away and makes it mandatory more or less- and unless you follow a number of inputs before pulling away it does not auto disengage. Its fairly simple to turn off on your own when you start the car but unless you're a person familiar with it it could be a headache. For instance new owner gets the car delivered and can't move it around the driveway.

Picked mine up at the dealer. It was already running so the APB was off. Went straight to the station to fill it up the last little bit to start mpg calculating. Tried to leave and I was locked to the spot. Took me 2 or 3 tries to figure it out. HATE the APB as it is. If Mazda is going to force us to use it against our will with no means of disabling it they should reprogram it to automatically release the moment the engine starts while the brake pedal is already pressed. It's horrible the way it is and I'll never buy another Mazda unless it is corrected and I'll warn anyone away from them until then as well. Horrible idea.

Due to how they are tucked under the lip of the hood, not being able to flip up the wiper arms is annoying - especially when trying to clear snow and ice in that area. Because they sit below the defrost vent this area doesn’t get enough heat to melt the snow and ice. I believe the GT has a wiper defrost feature but the models below do not. I like the look of the wipers when not in use but it’s not practical.

Due to how they are tucked under the lip of the hood, not being able to flip up the wiper arms is annoying - especially when trying to clear snow and ice in that area. Because they sit below the defrost vent this area doesn’t get enough heat to melt the snow and ice. I believe the GT has a wiper defrost feature but the models below do not. I like the look of the wipers when not in use but it’s not practical.
You can. Immediately after you turn the car off, hit the wiper switch upwards twice and the wipers will go into the "service" position. At this point, you can flip up the wipers. If your car's not running, hit the start button three times without your foot on the brake, then hit the wiper switch upwards twice.

There are two bugs that still bother me with Mazda. The first is with their automatic lights and wipers system. If you have auto lights and high beams on, and auto wipers on. If they wipers come on first, and the lights come on second, the auto high beams won't work. It is a bug that has been around since 2018. They need to redesign that system.

The other is the shaky driver side mirror. My 2014 had it and our 2021's have it. They need to redesign that system.

Mazda also needs to put in a panaromic sun roof - to keep up with the competition and also update the vehicle information available through the screen.

Last edited:
btw, the parking brake will release automatically when you step on the gas if your seat belt is on and you're in gear

For a lot of us it is the Automatic Parking Brake! Its a big annoyance and even a worry if you happen to let someone else move your car. Singe worst feature.
The entire premise of an electronic emergency brake is sheer lunacy.

It's a stupid answer to a question literally no one in the buying public was asking.

Worst feature for me in the Beautiful British Climate - automatic opening and closing wing mirrors!! These are forever sticking in position - not opening correctly or at all at times!!! I also had this on my Mazda 6,s previous - forever resetting - freeing up (WD) or recently I had to remove passenger mirror completely and strip down to reset and clean out motor gear sprockets etc. I have had folding mirrors previous on Audi,s etc with no issue but on Mazdas it seems quite common 😤

For a lot of us it is the Automatic Parking Brake! Its a big annoyance and even a worry if you happen to let someone else move your car. Singe worst feature.
You can set it not to automatically come on when you park. Look at owners manual but I think you just press it down and hold for a few seconds to set it to auto engage again pull it up and hold it a few seconds I think but double check owners manual to be sure.

It basically is an electric motor that always sets the parking brake when you park. The key is always. A lot of us hate it because it takes easy control of the parking brake away and makes it mandatory more or less- and unless you follow a number of inputs before pulling away it does not auto disengage. Its fairly simple to turn off on your own when you start the car but unless you're a person familiar with it it could be a headache. For instance new owner gets the car delivered and can't move it around the driveway.
You can set it not to automatically come on look at owners manual or Google it 👍

Picked mine up at the dealer. It was already running so the APB was off. Went straight to the station to fill it up the last little bit to start mpg calculating. Tried to leave and I was locked to the spot. Took me 2 or 3 tries to figure it out. HATE the APB as it is. If Mazda is going to force us to use it against our will with no means of disabling it they should reprogram it to automatically release the moment the engine starts while the brake pedal is already pressed. It's horrible the way it is and I'll never buy another Mazda unless it is corrected and I'll warn anyone away from them until then as well. Horrible idea.
Read owners manual or Google…It can be set to not automatically come on 👍

Yes you can cancel the auto EPB but it seems that it is only canceled until you start the engine again?

Does this become a problem when having the car washed/detailed?

Absolutely annoying. If set automatically, all you need is to push gas pedal for it to release. Problem is, when you move your foot from the brake pedal to accelerator, the whole car crunches down...like a cheetah getting ready to jump...so every time i use this, i am worried that, when i press gas the car feels like it's is gonna jump like a bat out of Hell, not exactly a encouraging feeling when you are tryin to get out of your parking spot. I had cars with electronic park breaks and their work was invisible. Another thing is the Key fob. It is soo big but the buttons on it are so small. I do understand that idea was you do not need to handle your key fob...but if you are getting to your car with your passenger, and he touches the handle before you, the car will not unlock when you touch your handle. you have to use the key fob..and if you have your gloves on it's not very easy to use those small buttons. Another one is that mazda seems to like to give you a real early warning about everything. For an example, you leave your lift gate or door open for maybe 3, 4 minutes it triggers a warning in the dash about battery charge being low, even though it is not. I do love my 2021 Mazda cx 30 turbo, but this little things are getting on my nerves.

The automatic electronic parking brake is already changed from 2023 model year.
Mine automatically releases the parking brake when I put it in D.
And applies it when I put it in P.

Back