Oil patches on Engine cover - 2022 CX-5

Hello
Just to do some inspection, I opened the bonnet today and saw some oil patches on the engine cover. I checked the entire bay with a flash light and luckily see no oil dripping or leaks.

Total miles on car: 3500
First oil change done at 2500 miles after a 1000 mile long trip.

Any idea, what's going on here?

IMG-0544.jpg

2017 was first year on these 2nd gens so my 21 gtr is on its 5th year still damn issues… and my bro wants the all new generation Lexus GX or Toy Land cruiser (debut today) lol… TSB/recalls here we go.
Edit
Wrong thread

Last edited:
Upvote 0
2017 was first year on these 2nd gens so my 21 gtr is on its 5th year still damn issues… and my bro wants the all new generation Lexus GX or Toy Land cruiser (debut today) lol… TSB/recalls here we go.

Ok, I give up. What does this have to do with the questions that the OP is asking?

Upvote 0
Hello
Just to do some inspection, I opened the bonnet today and saw some oil patches on the engine cover. I checked the entire bay with a flash light and luckily see no oil dripping or leaks.

Total miles on car: 3500
First oil change done at 2500 miles after a 1000 mile long trip.

Any idea, what's going on here?

View attachment 314151

I have to ask, why did you have the oil changed at 2.5k miles? Who did the change?

Looks to me like someone was sloppy while changing the oil. If could just be the angle in the pic but the oil fill plug doesn't look like its tightened all the way. Perhaps some oil got past the gasket and sprayed onto the cover in that area? The other oil spots look like someone had oil on their hands when handling the cover.

Upvote 0
Back