OIL in CAI and IC pipes!

MSPFAY.AR

:
03 Black Mica MSP
So i took off my Intercooler pipes and Injen CAI to install a SMIC and found that all the pipes are coated in oil. The Injen pipe was in the worst shape. (See 1st pic) The intake has been on the car for about 60K. Would the amt of oil in the pic be an accumulation of oil blow by from the last 60k miles or is that too much oil indicating i have other issues?

Attachments

• OIL in IC.jpg
    OIL in IC.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 163
  • OIL in IC 2.jpg
    OIL in IC 2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 160
do you have the hose that goes from your VC nipple back to the intake?

if so that is your problem. for a cheap and easy fix just cap the nipple on the intake and put one of those mini filters on the nipple. Then pick up oil catch can down the road.

Mine was the same way, and all that s*** is in your turbo too. Not needed but it took mine off the car and took it apart let it soak in parts cleaner over night.

Yes i have the hose attached back on to the intake. I bought the Millenia PCV from PG will that help reduce this if the hose is still on the intake?

What can you use to clean out the intercooler and Intake pipes?

even with the PCV i still woudlnt run that hose back to the intake.

as far as cleaning, spray some brake cleaner/parts cleaner in the IC and pipes and rinse them out, with the piping take an old tshirt and pull it threw the piping. I would not recommend a towel or anything fuzy so nothing get left behind in the piping.

The IC just use cleaner and keep rinsing, a pressure washer would really do the trick for the IC

ya i did

the nipple that runs off the VC is where you would run the line that goes to the VC, i dont care what any one says i would not run that hose back into my intake.

ya but i wouldnt say it would cause a serious problem. Just lack in performance since you have gunk threw your whole intake sytem.

Thanks for the advice. I installled the PG PCV valve this weekend and discovered part of my problem was that the OEM valve was busted in two pieces and the top part of the vavle was just bouncing up and down with the hose. For now i just have the millenia PCV valve with the hoses hooked back up like it was and ordered a catch can. Now all i have to do is fix the next problem that i discovered while doing this fix. Took the heat shield off to inspect my E.M. and the top right bolt fell off in my hand and the bottom one was loose. I tightened them both and inspected the others and the top and bottom bolt on the left hand side of the exhaust manifold are completely gone. So another day and another problem.

glad to help, but if there wasnt something to do with the car what else is there to do lol.

Back