off road mode...cx-5 (easter egg, per se)

Lol off road mode. So less then 1% of people can drive off road. And probably then won*t use it because they don*t know they have it. ��***

I can see someone trying to offroad their cx5 and tear the bottom up because they have no idea about angles.. and likely no clue about engine speed/gear for crawling. Wasted advertising, how about on road performance and details of dsc/TCS in real world situation, especially compared to fwd

Verbiage for ad copy, and not much more.

See at the ~6:00 part of that bumpy hill (on all the cars).. he literally drives up it wheels straight pressing gas the whole time as he loses traction.. point being, if he did more than just go straight and press the gas he could likely make that hill. That's why I think these video clips are just hype; it's driver failure combined with incorrect system settings most of the time

Last edited:
The second video is actually a more impressive demonstration.

Tried embedding it in post above, wouldn't post. Here it is at the 11 minute mark.

There are a couple of off-road comparison challenges that have been posted here pitting the CX-5 against the RAV-4 and the CR-V. A few folks wondered why the use (or not use) of the TCS was never mention in those tests, which flatly stated that there was no off-road mode.

That being said, I can't envision any scenario where I would intentionally take my CUV off-road...I might scratch my paint!

Off road and CX-5 don't belong in the same sentence.

There are a couple of off-road comparison challenges that have been posted here pitting the CX-5 against the RAV-4 and the CR-V. A few folks wondered why the use (or not use) of the TCS was never mention in those tests, which flatly stated that there was no off-road mode.

That being said, I can't envision any scenario where I would intentionally take my CUV off-road...I might scratch my paint!

My CUV goes "offroad" every day, several times a day, lol! #noscratches

This is my drive-way, yo!

That's 300ft of 27% grade.

58800401_10100165908172091_5459933319128940544_o.jpg

My CUV goes "offroad" every day, several times a day, lol! #noscratches

This is my drive-way, yo!

That's 300ft of 27% grade.

58800401_10100165908172091_5459933319128940544_o.jpg

Looks like my right-of-way used to, except it's 1/2 mile long.

2012-03-05%20snow%202.jpg

There are 3 of us back here, and we recently got together and dropped the bucks to have it graded & graveled. That's why I posted a topic asking for advice getting the mud out of the wheel wells. If my road still looked like yours, I wouldn't bother.

Last edited:
Looks like my right-of-way used to, except it's 1/2 mile long.

2012-03-05%20snow%202.jpg

There are 3 of us back here, and we recently got together and dropped the bucks to have it graded & graveled. That's why I posted a topic asking for advice getting the mud out of the wheel wells. If my road still looked like yours, I wouldn't bother.

That is literally JUST my drive-way. My access road is about a mile long.

Top of the first hill:
52976979_10100153339983841_4800580690150162432_o.jpg

mid-way point
71689150_10100203466280341_3808367945407528960_o.jpg

I was at the car wash the inside of wheel wells.

That is literally JUST my drive-way. My access road is about a mile long.

I lived outside of DC for almost 50 years. I moved here (100 miles south) in 2010 and kept my Northern Virginia job for another 5 years.

One week after moving here, they jerked my leash to go back north for meetings. I got about 20 miles away from the office and hit the madness known as DC Traffic. My first thought was "I can't wait to get back home."

In only one week, the rural life had become "home" and my residence of nearly 5 decades became "That GawdAwful Place."

I lived outside of DC for almost 50 years. I moved here (100 miles south) in 2010 and kept my Northern Virginia job for another 5 years.

One week after moving here, they jerked my leash to go back north for meetings. I got about 20 miles away from the office and hit the madness known as DC Traffic. My first thought was "I can't wait to get back home."

In only one week, the rural life had become "home" and my residence of nearly 5 decades became "That GawdAwful Place."

I just can't live around people. The thought absolutely disgusts me.

Back