CX-5 OEM sub wire harness - Female connector

:
22 CX-5 T Sig
:
21 MX-5 RF GT
I am planning to do an aftermarket amp/sub. in order to get an audio signal to my amp, i am planning to use the signal going to the oem sub to send the audio signal to my aftermarket amp. i realize from reading threads on this site that i won't have a full range signal based on some part of the oem system applying a frequency cutoff. i am ok with that for now. if it bothers me, i will research tapping into audio farther up in the system or use a DSP. that aside, does anyone know the specs of the connector on the oem sub so that i could purchase that from someone? i would really rather not vampire into the existing wiring. it'd be great to plug the car-side connector into a generic female connector that has bare wires on the other side so i could connect that to my amp. i could buy a used oem sub and harvest the connector and wiring, but would rather not spend a 100 bux. i assume the connector on the bose sub is a readily available and semi-common type of connector but am not certain. i figured i would at least ask before tapping into the wiring. FYI, i want to be able to return everything to how it was before my install, which is why i am not harvesting the connector from my own oem sub.

You can try these guys:

cool, thanks! i just submitted some pics to them. let's see what they say. if they can recreate it and it is reasonable in cost, i'll def buy one. i will also post up a part # so other folks can grab one if they'd like.

The easiest thing to do here is to cut the plug off with about 4-6" of wire still attached. That way if you ever need to return it to stock configuration, simply solder the plug back on. Done and done.

Your '22 audio system uses MOST Bus network and Bose amp connectors are different than previous models, I've read in Mazda3Revolution 2019+ forum they're similar or matching those in GM cars/trucks, (AmpPro harness).
Best bet is to visit that forum they've been modding the same Panasonic/Bose system for the past 3 years.

Your '22 audio system uses MOST Bus network and Bose amp connectors are different than previous models, I've read in Mazda3Revolution 2019+ forum they're similar or matching those in GM cars/trucks, (AmpPro harness).
Best bet is to visit that forum they've been modding the same Panasonic/Bose system for the past 3 years.
thanks. i have had a look through their forums. i am finding a ton of info about connecting to the Bose amp but not repurposing the sub connector. i'll keep looking.

I've gotten a quote from them before. It was like $70 for one piece.
that would be a bummer but not horribly surprising. i really know nothing about the connector/harness world other than whole car wiring harnesses are in the thousands.

just a heads up. i received a response from Aeromotive. they quoted me $130. in case anyone here wants to pay that, you can reference quote # 51953. i'll be splicing.

Back