OEM LED Taillight Reverse Globes

:
Mazda CX-5 Akera
For those with the 2016 OEM LED tailights, does the manual tell you what globes are used for the Reversing lights?

I was wondering if the same globes can be used on the non-tech Halogen reverse lights? Thanks.

For those with the 2016 OEM LED tailights, does the manual tell you what globes are used for the Reversing lights?

I was wondering if the same globes can be used on the non-tech Halogen reverse lights? Thanks.
The reverse lights in LED tail-light units on 2016 CX-5 use standard incandescent 18-watt 921 bulb. I replaced them with equivalent LEDs coming with those cheap eBay interior LED set for much better looking white reverse lights.

The reverse lights in LED tail-light units on 2016 CX-5 use standard incandescent 18-watt 921 bulb. I replaced them with equivalent LEDs coming with those cheap eBay interior LED set for much better looking white reverse lights.

Thanks for the reply. Strange that the Reverse lights use incandescent bulbs seeing the rest of it uses LEDs. Wonder if it is the same world-wide. I've ordered a pair of LEDs for it anyhow. Just curious to know if the CX-5 models with LED lighting uses any form of generic LED bulbs if there is such a thing.

Thanks for the reply. Strange that the Reverse lights use incandescent bulbs seeing the rest of it uses LEDs. Wonder if it is the same world-wide. I've ordered a pair of LEDs for it anyhow. Just curious to know if the CX-5 models with LED lighting uses any form of generic LED bulbs if there is such a thing.
These LED tail-lights on CX-5 are the same worldwide but there're red side-markers hidden within the cluster for US version due to the regulation. The front LED headlights would be visibly different as front amber sider-marker/reflectors are required for US market. Also in Australia you have more advanced ALH LED headlights which are not available in the US.

In addition to reverse lights, rear turn-signals are using 7440NA incandescent bulb too with LED tail-lights. Factory LED headlights and tail-lights are custom-made. If they ever break, the whole unit needs to be replaced and they're pretty expensive.

Back