Not a speed but... what???

you have a speed6 and you post a vid of a protegespeed in a speed3 section

considering the speed 6 section is usually dead thought someone would have some insight into what this sound would be from as i do not know. guess i failed to present the question in a manner that was understandable. sorry.

^^^Lol...so true...

you have a protage and your posting/viewing here?

Who gives a ****. I have an MP3, and I post where ever I feel like posting, haha.

god response.

Lol...your response humors me...and good edit on the 1st post...

well, since nobody quoted it whats the harm.

srsly i thought i was an older 3.

i thought i was a thrown rod, i have never herd what one actuall sounds like so i was kinda curious as to what this may be.

you have a speed6 and you post a vid of a protegespeed in a speed3 section

well just for the record, the MSP was not available in white...so apparently someone either:

A: Payed a shitload for a respray
B: Took an LX or whatever model and converted it
C: Wasted a lot of time and money doing either because they ****** it up.

well just for the record, the MSP was not available in white...so apparently someone either:

A: Payed a shitload for a respray
B: Took an LX or whatever model and converted it
C: Wasted a lot of time and money doing either because they ****** it up.

I think I know this guy, he started with a 99 LX green and ended up with a full swap of an msp... last time I talked to him the problem wer fixed and the car was running smooth!

Sounds like the timing belt broke and the piston started hitting the valves.

fs de is non interference so not possible.

seemed like motor was already blown and they just remote started it for s**** and giggles.

also if it was interference it's not likely that the valves would snap the rods which would then poke holes in the side of the block.

the debris under the car wasn't valves nor pieces of a timing belt.

How could you not tell from the start that it was a protege, I could see from the brackets that hold the radiator and when I saw the setup it was a clear.

sounds like when i spun bearings ahaha damn that was a bad day

Last edited:
How could you not tell from the start that it was a protege, I could see from the brackets that hold the radiator and when I saw the setup it was a clear.

That's not what he means by "... what?"
It's not the query "What?" as in, "What color is your car?"
But what in the sense of disbelief. As in, "That guy blew his motor? WHAAAAAT?"
Class dismissed.

That's not what he means by "... what?"
It's not the query "What?" as in, "What color is your car?"
But what in the sense of disbelief. As in, "That guy blew his motor? WHAAAAAT?"
Class dismissed.

Glad u r learning somethang in school, next I need someone to tell me how to read I will send u a pm. (fuoops)

JK

Sounds like the timing belt broke and the piston started hitting the valves.

If it was the belt, it wouldn't run. The engine would come to a pretty quick stop as the valves got slammed by pistons.

In this vid a rod broke. likely too much boost. Time for a new engine for sure and if he wants to boost it, have it done by someone in the know.

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont understand why you posted this in the MS3 section, and the lounge, of all places.

And yes, that would not be a pleasant sound to hear

Back