NoGo on my iPod

jamuel

I just bought a CX-9 with the navigation system, Sirius satellite radio, and Moonroof w/Bose audio package. The first thing I did was to plug in my ipod to the auxiliary audio input jack and guess what? IT DOESN'T WORK! The dealership contacted Mazda's support desk and they were told that the auxiliary input will not work with the navigation system.

Looking closely in the console area where the input jack is located there is a sticker that says: "Due to the installation of Satellite radio on this vehicle, the Auxiliary jack is disabled. To activate the auxiliary jack, part number TD13-79-CFZ (switching box) can be installed. Please see your Mazda dealer for further information. OK, so I go back to the dealership and they say they can order the part and install it for around $175.00 but cannot guarantee it will work because Mazda tech support says it wont.

Is there anyone who has been able to get the auxiliary input to work along with the navigation/satellite radio options?

I just picked up a cx9 gt w/Nav and Sirius and was dissappointed to hear that I couldn't use the Aux jack. I am going to install a HK Drive+Play with a wired FM modulator. While the sound won't be the greatest, it will allow me to use my Ipod. I let you know how it sounds once I'm done.

Actually my dealer says that there is an adapter that will solve the problem.
I am suppose to have it installed next week.

grotto,
Do you have nav? The end result that I want is line level AUX, Sirius, CD chngr, Nav, and of course am/fm. Let us know the outcome.
Thanks

No, I do not have Nav but I do have Sirius. The Nav. replaces the standard radio so FM/AM is not an issue. Sirius should connect to the back of the radio/nav. and they will be putting a splitter before for the Aux.
I will have it done Monday.

Hi, picked up my CX-9 on Wednesday (March 7) I have exactly the same options you have. When they installed my Sirius system, they put in the switching box because they knew I wanted the iPod hookup and it works fine. They didn't charge me $175 either. What doesn't work is my am/fm reception because the antenna was disconnected by accident. When my plates come in they'll fix that.

Hope that helps

Paul

Hey Paul,
Thanks for the info. Because you said it worked I ordered one and had it installed yesterday (03/16/07). It works great. Doesn't play video but does play my music. (band)

I'm wondering if the iPod module would now work? The switch box is great but if the module worked it would charge the ipod as well as play it. And I would bet it would display the ipod info on the nav screen.

If anyone tries it let me know.

So when you want to listen to Sirius you press the SAT button and when you want your Ipod connection, you press the MED button,correct?

I installed the drive+play today w/the wired FM connection. It sounds pretty good but not as good as a line level connection. I am looking forward to switching to the line level.

rc51 said:
So when you want to listen to Sirius you press the SAT button and when you want your Ipod connection, you press the MED button,correct?

I installed the drive+play today w/the wired FM connection. It sounds pretty good but not as good as a line level connection. I am looking forward to switching to the line level.

P1010097.jpg

P1010096.jpg

to the cig adapter that's switched (under the a/c). It's really easy to tuck in the wire down the passenger A pillar and then under the glove box to the console.

What a disappointment

After my dealer confirmed that they will install the adapter without charges, they told me this morning that they are charging $300.

Needless to say that I did not do it and I am going to complain to Mazda USA.

They should disclose the fact that if you add Sirius you cannot use the Aux. port unless you pay extra.

I got the switch box installed while the dealer was installing the Sirius. It works!!! (dance)

For clarification, I have Nav and here's how the buttons work:
MED: Aux jack
SAT: Sirius
CD: changer

I plugged my HK Drive+Play into the Aux jack and, as expected, the sound is much better than the wired FM connection.

What's so stupid is they charge for putting in a switch that should of been there at the start.. Why would they have separate buttons in the first place. I can understand if they didn't have a SAT buttin and all they had is a MED... etc..

rc51 said:
I got the switch box installed while the dealer was installing the Sirius. It works!!! (dance)

For clarification, I have Nav and here's how the buttons work:
MED: Aux jack
SAT: Sirius
CD: changer

I plugged my HK Drive+Play into the Aux jack and, as expected, the sound is much better than the wired FM connection.

I just called my service department to clear up what I had heard from the salesman vs. what I have read on this board. They said labor to put in the Sirius receiver plus the Aux-fixing switchbox is $210 (same visit, same opening up of the unit).

But I agree, it is lame that they don't disclose this or offer the switchbox for free.

I have the Bose system without Nav or Sirius and am currently playing my iPod through the Aux In jack in the console. If I have the iPod Integration Module installed, besides sound quality and charging the iPod, what will I gain? Will I have access to only play lists, or can I search by genre, artist, etc.? Which buttons on the audio system control the iPod and what functions do they control?

Well here it is...

Attached is the User Manual for the Mazda factory iPod interface. I hate to say it, but it's pretty miserable. If you have only a few play lists, it's probably fine. However, I have over 7000 songs by hundreds of artists loaded on my iPod. Without a text display, there is simply no way to navigate through that amount of data.

Attachments

• Mazda iPod link user manual.PDF
    160.5 KB · Views: 562
I feel your pain with the iPod!

I am new to this board and new to my CX-9, which I just picked up last week. LOVE it, but hate how my iPod didn't work. When I called to ask, they couldn't walk me through it, then it took them 3 days to figure out that it doesn't work with the Sirius. Well WHY the heck would you bother to put in the aux jack and the media button and have the car prewired for Sirius? AAARGH!! That was really frustrating. I'm still not convinced you can't use both.

I sucked up the $300 to put in the switch, but I'm really annoyed by it. That should have been explained when purchasing the vehicle. There are also aspects of the Nav system and the audio system I have questions about that they can't answer, so I'm not able to use them. I feel that they really don't know this vehicle. Very frustrating.

Also, it says NOTHING in the manual about the aux/satellite not being compatible.

Kimberly

jamuel said:
I just bought a CX-9 with the navigation system, Sirius satellite radio, and Moonroof w/Bose audio package. The first thing I did was to plug in my ipod to the auxiliary audio input jack and guess what? IT DOESN'T WORK!

iPod

I agree; the switch should have been standard on the Grand Touring, at the very least.
I just had the switch put in yesterday. $298, and the part was $104. So they charged me $194 in labor!!!!

The salt in the wound was when I'm leaving and he's telling me how I'm going to get a survey in the mail asking about my experience, and it's really important that they get rated well. I'm thinking, "Oh, bring it on!!"
Kimberly

But I agree, it is lame that they don't disclose this or offer the switchbox for free.[/QUOTE]

Back