No Start with aux key.

kenerly

Yesterday my 2008 CX-9 would not start. The Key light was on, so I replaced the battery in the smart key (credit card style) and the car started. Today the car would not start again, upon further investigation I noticed the tabs that contact the battery in the smart key where bent. I opened the smart key and fixed the tabs, installed another new battery.

Now the car still will not start, however the lock and unlock functions on the remote work. I removed the aux key from the smart key and tried using that to start the car. No go and the red immobilizer light is on.

I do not have a 2nd smart key, but I do have a 2nd aux key (2nd smart key got lost - kids...) The 2nd aux key will not start the car either.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Given the nature of the issue perhaps if you disconnect your battery for a while it will 'reset' the system. Just a thought. The negative cable should do the trick and leave it off for at least 15 minutes or so.

I'm sorry to hear that. I have no idea what else to try other than try to 'reprogram' the keys to the car. I don't know if this can be done as a DIY of if the Mazda diagnostic system is needed to get the job done. Perhaps a search of this forum for the reprogramming options will help.

Yesterday my 2008 CX-9 would not start. The Key light was on, so I replaced the battery in the smart key (credit card style) and the car started. Today the car would not start again, upon further investigation I noticed the tabs that contact the battery in the smart key where bent. I opened the smart key and fixed the tabs, installed another new battery.

Now the car still will not start, however the lock and unlock functions on the remote work. I removed the aux key from the smart key and tried using that to start the car. No go and the red immobilizer light is on.

I do not have a 2nd smart key, but I do have a 2nd aux key (2nd smart key got lost - kids...) The 2nd aux key will not start the car either.

Any help would be great.
Visit Autoguysland to view the best obd2 scanner that you may concern.
Thanks

Have you figured out the issue yet? I had the same problem with my CX5 due to loose wire from the ignition switch. Dealer investigated this issue and fixed it. Hope it helps.

Back