New to the site!

2turbo4u

:
GS300 gte/850r/04 taco
I been lurking on this site for three yrs that's right three..haha! I thinking about getting rid of my 04 Tacoma to get either a P5 or Mazda3 5dr. I want to know which section I should post and hang out to find out which one I should it get? Currently I am the owner of a 381whp gs300 and a Volvo 850r. So let's hear from you guys.

P.S
I would like an unbias comments please!

i'd say mazdaspeed3, hands down. love the looks, speed is great. not 381, but still way up there i think around 250-260? maybe wrong. yeah im probably wrong but still its good. i only went protege5 cuz i cant afford the 3 yet

i'd say mazdaspeed3, hands down. love the looks, speed is great. not 381, but still way up there i think around 250-260? maybe wrong. yeah im probably wrong but still its good. i only went protege5 cuz i cant afford the 3 yet

+1 for you sir, for atleast answeringmy post. Well I don't want a MS3 cause I'm not trying to go into debt with a new or newer car like that. I believe it's 263hp. I was thinking about the plain Mazda3 or P5. So how do you like the P5, did you test drive a M3 to compare space,handling,comfort?

Before my wife and I got a 3, I'd driven a friend's P5 and liked it. Then along came the 3. We both test drove them (4- and 5-door) and decided the 3 was superior in most respects (except price, of course), so we bought a used 3 5-door in Sunlight Silver Metallic. We (read I) named it 'Zippy' and it served us well for almost exactly one year. Then my wife was in an accident in it. (see http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123710000).

We replaced it with a 2008.5 3 5-door Touring in Copper Red Mica. We didn't really consider replacing it with anything else.

Last edited:
Hey, and welcome to the site.

Thanks for being the first one to welcome me.

I just picked up a new 3 and I really like it. This comes after driving a BMW for the last 6 years.

I'm not sure if this was the feed back you are looking for but I hope it helps.

Simply put, the P5 has the better exterior, the 3 has the better interior. The P5 handles a little better but is a coarser ride while the 3 is more refined. P5 is smaller, less powerful and lighter, 3 is bigger, heavier, more powerful etc and the list goes on. It just depends what you're looking for.

thanks for the greeting guys! Sorry to hear about Zippy and your family, but I see everyone is doing well with Jazzy in the garage now.

MagnumP5 thanks for your insight on the cars, Mjthorne your welcome man we noobies must cluster together.

nOObs.....another thing is remember the p5 was out for 2 years...and the the has been out since...sooo...it just depends on what you want and your intentions

nOObs.....another thing is remember the p5 was out for 2 years...and the the has been out since...sooo...it just depends on what you want and your intentions

and the the? Its not nice to bag on us noobs, and make simple grammar mistakes! (nuts) Haha just bustin your nuts man.

I just bought a 02 P5 in a manual. my moms as an 06 Mazda3 in automatic. I feel my car has more pep, better handling, and the weight difference is defiantly noticeable. If you can find a manual white P5, i dont think it gets any better than that. AND THE MPG is amazing!

and the the? Its not nice to bag on us noobs, and make simple grammar mistakes! (nuts) Haha just bustin your nuts man.

I just bought a 02 P5 in a manual. my moms as an 06 Mazda3 in automatic. I feel my car has more pep, better handling, and the weight difference is defiantly noticeable. If you can find a manual white P5, i dont think it gets any better than that. AND THE MPG is amazing!

shush you....or i won't help you again.....and i blame the alkyhal(ughdance)

i will agree with the mpg statement....i have 105k on min and i can still cruise at 80 and get ~35mpg with ac on high so.......

WHITE P5 +1

welcome

Back