New Mate to My 2018 CX5

:
2018 CX5 GT, Metallic Machine Gray and 2018 MX5 RF GT, Soul Red
Yesterday I closed a deal on a 2018 MX-5 RF GT (dance). I have been searching for several months and finally found a low mileage (9,000 kilometers) GT model at a "somewhat" reasonable price. Here are a couple of pictures taken in the dealer showroom. I pick it up next week. Take it home to be winterized and stored in the garage until spring.

Wade

Attachments

• Mazda MX5 FR GT (Front).jpg
    Mazda MX5 FR GT (Front).jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 408
  • Mazda MX5 FR GT (Side).jpg
    Mazda MX5 FR GT (Side).jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 464
  • Mazda MX5 FR GT (Inside).jpg
    Mazda MX5 FR GT (Inside).jpg
    243 KB · Views: 348
Gorgeous car. Looks like its in fantastic condition, like it came right off the boat. Congrats on the purchase!

May I ask what you paid?

Congrats!

Beautiful car!!!

Here's mine, bought a couple of months ago.

MGalleryItem.php

Congratulations!

Since we're cross-posting our MX-5s / Miatas, here's mine as delivered:

48322241412_678feafa93_k.jpg

and after storing the expensive Rays wheels and installing wider Konig wheels with larger tires:

48728414768_7afcda40f0_k.jpg

I*m so jealous! I test drove an RF before I got my CX-5 but it didn*t work out. At 6 ft I barely fit. I had about 1/2 inch headroom and managed to fit my long legs with the seat fully back. The real issue was my big feet. Whenever I depressed the clutch my size 13s would hang up on the undercarriage as soon as I tried to release it. I had to move my whole leg to ease it out. Maybe in a couple of years I*ll try again with bare feet or minimalist driver shoes. For now I am enjoying the CX-5 GTR and still have my BMW S1000R for excitement. However, at 64, I may not have too many years left on motorcycles, thus the Miata testing.

Tim

Last edited:
I*m so jealous! I test drove an RF before I got my CX-5 but it didn*t work out. At 6 ft I barely fit. I had about 1/2 inch headroom and managed to fit my long legs with the seat fully back. The real issue was my big feet. Whenever I depressed the clutch my size 13s would hang up on the undercarriage as soon as I tried to release it. I had to move my whole leg to ease it out. Maybe in a couple of years I*ll try again with bare feet or minimalist driver shoes. For now I am enjoying the CX-5 GTR and still have my BMW S1000R for excitement. However, at 64, I may not have too many years left on motorcycles, thus the Miata testing.

Tim

Oh yeah, motorcycles too eh?

Here's mine.

MGalleryItem.php

Such beautiful cars! Looks great in white, and even better in orange, but the red is gorgeous.

attachment.php

Turbo, those Konigs look great on the Miata!

I*m so jealous! I test drove an RF before I got my CX-5 but it didn*t work out. At 6 ft I barely fit. I had about 1/2 inch headroom and managed to fit my long legs with the seat fully back. ...

^^Agree. I would love to drive one, but at 6'4", that's a no go. I did try to sit in one when we got our CX-5. My wife couldn't stop laughing at me trying to get in it. :)

Back