New 2021 CX-5 and no radio or audio, help!

Hi, barely 24 hrs in my 2021 Touring CX-5 and the audio system stopped working. I connected apple play for less than an hour and the audio suddenly stopped. I can see the song in the infotainment screen but no sound. I toggled the volume and it doesn’t even display the volume meter.

After disconnecting apple play, trying Bluetooth, doing a hard reset, still nothing. I can’t even select the radio, I tried selecting FM and nothing happens.

I took a picture of this audio off display, I’m not sure if this is normal?

4BFA180F-CACD-42E4-8729-A5D0337FC6A1.jpeg

Issue repeated today. Seems to be more likely to occur if it has been shut off for an errand (like 10 to 20 minutes) and then restarted. I did try a test of my wife and I powering off our phones (not that we were streaming any audio, nor was cabled for Android auto) but no change. I'm sure it will be fine the next time it is started. Weird one to be sure.

Upvote 0
Hi, barely 24 hrs in my 2021 Touring CX-5 and the audio system stopped working. I connected apple play for less than an hour and the audio suddenly stopped. I can see the song in the infotainment screen but no sound. I toggled the volume and it doesn’t even display the volume meter.

After disconnecting apple play, trying Bluetooth, doing a hard reset, still nothing. I can’t even select the radio, I tried selecting FM and nothing happens.

I took a picture of this audio off display, I’m not sure if this is normal?

View attachment 296777
I had this issue of sort, tried everything and nothing worked… then one day my battery died and had to get a boost start and then it worked again… maybe try taking off the battery terminal and see if that reset the audio

Upvote 0