Neon Light Question...

xXx Mazda xXx

:
2008 Mazda3 2.0
Can someone who has put neon lights in there car to match the light of the dash help me?...Do you use a regular red neon? or is there a custom neon light to match?

As someone who had neon along time ago, don't expect a possitive response for this question. That said small red bars under the dash by where your feet go should be fine, but you will hardly ever use them and it really is a waste of money. As a general piece of advice, stay away from lights and sticker/vinyl. They get more hate than respect. Go with stereo components, black out lights, tint, and other "clean" upgrades. Maybe I'm just old now, but I've been down that road and when the jokes come, they hurt.
Enough lecture, if you want to do it, go buy two 6 to 18 inch red bars, a toggle switch, and enough wire to hook it up to the battery. Follow the directions and place the toggle switch in an unused switch panel or by you seat so you can turn it on and off manually, mainly cause the police love to give tickets out and I've actually gotten an impersinating an officer charge threatened to me cause I had blue and red pulsating neon on a '72 bug back in 1995. Good luck and do whatever you want to YOUR car, but don't expect everyone to love it as much as you do.

As someone who had neon along time ago, don't expect a possitive response for this question. That said small red bars under the dash by where your feet go should be fine, but you will hardly ever use them and it really is a waste of money. As a general piece of advice, stay away from lights and sticker/vinyl. They get more hate than respect. Go with stereo components, black out lights, tint, and other "clean" upgrades. Maybe I'm just old now, but I've been down that road and when the jokes come, they hurt.
Enough lecture, if you want to do it, go buy two 6 to 18 inch red bars, a toggle switch, and enough wire to hook it up to the battery. Follow the directions and place the toggle switch in an unused switch panel or by you seat so you can turn it on and off manually, mainly cause the police love to give tickets out and I've actually gotten an impersinating an officer charge threatened to me cause I had blue and red pulsating neon on a '72 bug back in 1995. Good luck and do whatever you want to YOUR car, but don't expect everyone to love it as much as you do.

LOL... Do what you want it's your car. Keep it in the interior and you'll be fine.

oh trust me i dont care if people hate on me because i have neon lights in my car...i love the hate...but my friend doing a custom fiberglass in my trunk and using a red neon light because iam customizing my car with black and red colors...but thanks for the help JohnnyB

Back