Need tranny?

polno

:
mazda protege dx 03
14844397451622140718974.jpg Hi guys while pulling the oil seals in my trans I believe a piece broke off and may now be in the differential. Was wondering if you think it will still seal or if I need a new housing. If I need a new housing can I accomplish it without totally tearing down the trans it's on the passenger side of the tranny. Or do I need to tear it down to look for the metal piece anyways? Maybe just go ahead and swap it for a 626 tranny taller gearing and less work. Thoughts?

You are fine, there is a small gap in the lip there. Both of my MSP transmissions look exactly like that

Yeah after you said that I pulled the other seal same thing different spot. Appreciate the help. Lastly when I pulled the passenger side oil seal, the side with the intermediate shaft, there was a spring in the shape of a circle laying underneath it. It looks like it fits around the drive axle to lock it in like the retainer that frustrated me to no end on the otherside. Is my assumption correct?1484470211780-793920258.jpg

The spring runs inside the axle seal to keep it sealed against the axle shaft. The new seals will have a new spring inside so you don't need that one.

Back