My New Beck Arnley Fuel pump

M2P503

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Hey Guys here is my new Beck Arnley Fuel Pump I spent a good 3 hours getting this off and on the car the biggest pain in the but was trying to remove the Fuel line clips off of the fuel pump with out cracking the Fuel nipple that they come off of. I had to use a pair of needle nose Pliers to remove them off the car because i didn't have the right Fuel hose removal tool. It's amazing that i didn't crack the fuel Nipple off of the Fuel pump. All said and done it was a six hour Job because i realized that i forgot to install the Fuel pump Plastic casing that covers the Fuel Filter so i had to take everything back out and do it all over again i hated that part but im glad i got it done! Well any how the Fuel Pump is up and Running fine the car smelt like Gas for a day because i had to remove the fuel hose's and some gas spilt out a little bit but other then that there"s no leaks and everything works fine thank God it's done! Here have a look at the before and after pictures at the bottom. Just look how stained the Fuel filter sock is its puss yellow compare to the new Snow white one. Oh and i also replaced the Yellow Fuel clips and Fuel pump gasket and Fuel pump black metal bracket on the top and i replaced the new screws on the top as well because the old ones were extremely rusted. Now hopefully ill be able to get better gas mileage with a new fuel pump and a new Fuel Filter Oh yeah!!!!!
Check out the new pictures below.
0401132159_zps208b6a02.jpg

0401132238_zpsa7644b0a.jpg

0401132315_zps435a684b.jpg

0401132237_zpsc6696643.jpg

0402130006_zpsf0bf5d48.jpg

Last edited:
You didn't replace the housing?? I've got no fuel problems but I've got a new housing to put in. There is a high pressure filter inside the housing. I'm replacing only the housing and screws,... Kinda the opposite of what you did. I hope that housing lasts for you but if you have to do the job again, it should go alot faster for you.
If you are replacing the housing, you can cut the nipples off the old one before you disconnect the fuel lines to get better access.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123718385-Has-Anyone-Had-Their-Fuel-Pump-Cover-Leak

This is the fuel pump housing from Rockauto (they call it the "in tank fuel filter")
Related Parts
2002 MAZDA PROTEGE5 2.0L L4 : Fuel/Air : Fuel Filter
BECK/ARNLEY Part # 0433010 {#GY0113ZE0, ZL0113ZE0}
In Tank Fuel Filter

Price: CAD$27.30

FilterHousing_zps8be50bcd.jpg

You didn't replace the housing?? I've got no fuel problems but I've got a new housing to put in. There is a high pressure filter inside the housing. I'm replacing only the housing and screws,... Kinda the opposite of what you did. I hope that housing lasts for you but if you have to do the job again, it should go alot faster for you.
If you are replacing the housing, you can cut the nipples off the old one before you disconnect the fuel lines to get better access.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123718385-Has-Anyone-Had-Their-Fuel-Pump-Cover-Leak

This is the fuel pump housing from Rockauto (they call it the "in tank fuel filter")
Related Parts
2002 MAZDA PROTEGE5 2.0L L4 : Fuel/Air : Fuel Filter
BECK/ARNLEY Part # 0433010 {#GY0113ZE0, ZL0113ZE0}
In Tank Fuel Filter

Price: CAD$27.30

FilterHousing_zps8be50bcd.jpg
Hey man thanks for letting me know no i didn't think i had to replace the housing because it still looked like it was in good shape. Are you talking about the fuel nipple housing at the top where your intake fuel line and return Fuel line go into? ALso what nipples would you cut off? The Fuel line nipples? =-O

The housing "Is the filter"

the pump sits inside the housing, the interior of the housing is all filter and there is a screen, but the screen is not the filter.

i can't say it any more detailed than that.

Hey man thanks for letting me know no i didn't think i had to replace the housing because it still looked like it was in good shape. Are you talking about the fuel nipple housing at the top where your intake fuel line and return Fuel line go into? ALso what nipples would you cut off? The Fuel line nipples? =-O

Yea,... half the housing is filled with filter material,... stupid ass place for the filter, I think it should be along the fuel line somewhere else. Yea I'm talking about the white plastic nipples that the fuel lines connect to right at the top of the housing. If you cut or break them off of the housing (if you are replacing the housing anyway) then you can lift the lines up a bit to feed the tiny screwdrivers or needle nose in there a lot easier to disconnect the fuel line from the remaining piece of plastic (the nipple).

People don't realize that half the housing is a filter and I'm gonna open mine up when I replace mine to see how much crap is in there after 11 years. I'll post some pictures when I get to it. I'm worried that a semi-plugged filter might strain the fuel pump leading to premature failure. You may very well want to replace the housing to help keep your fuel pressure up and not burn out your new fuel pump. The filter housing (or whatever you wanna call it) is a lot more money from the dealer and even other web sites. Up to almost $200,... so the Rockauto price is really good. ($28)

Don't forget to check out the "Has Anyone Had Their Fuel Pump/Cover Leak?" link. The housing cracking and leaking is becoming a very common problem with guys getting quoted up to and over $700 for the job. The hardest part is usually getting those tiny rusted screws out. The link has some great photos and is one big "How-To" on this topic.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...ump-Cover-Leak

Last edited:
Yea,... half the housing is filled with filter material,... stupid ass place for the filter, I think it should be along the fuel line somewhere else. Yea I'm talking about the white plastic nipples that the fuel lines connect to right at the top of the housing. If you cut or break them off of the housing (if you are replacing the housing anyway) then you can lift the lines up a bit to feed the tiny screwdrivers or needle nose in there a lot easier to disconnect the fuel line from the remaining piece of plastic (the nipple).

People don't realize that half the housing is a filter and I'm gonna open mine up when I replace mine to see how much crap is in there after 11 years. I'll post some pictures when I get to it. I'm worried that a semi-plugged filter might strain the fuel pump leading to premature failure. You may very well want to replace the housing to help keep your fuel pressure up and not burn out your new fuel pump. The filter housing (or whatever you wanna call it) is a lot more money from the dealer and even other web sites. Up to almost $200,... so the Rockauto price is really good. ($28)

Don't forget to check out the "Has Anyone Had Their Fuel Pump/Cover Leak?" link. The housing cracking and leaking is becoming a very common problem with guys getting quoted up to and over $700 for the job. The hardest part is usually getting those tiny rusted screws out. The link has some great photos and is one big "How-To" on this topic.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...ump-Cover-Leak
Oh ok thank for letting me know man ill look into it

The housing "Is the filter"

the pump sits inside the housing, the interior of the housing is all filter and there is a screen, but the screen is not the filter.

i can't say it any more detailed than that.

Thanks for letting me know Brian yeah seriously i would have never known that there wasa filter inside that housing because you cant even see it. Im going to have to buy a new housing now. How much do they run? Some one on here said $28.00 from Rock auto?

Get the BECK/ARNLEY one from Rockauto,... CAD$27.30. Apparently they are around $70 on Ebay and about $170 at the dealer.

Back