MY CX-9 PICS & accessories update

Hi All,

Here are some pics of my CX-9. It's the Touring version in Black Mica with Black leather. I requested roof racks and I also got the towing package, cargo cover and 6 disc cd/mp3 stereo. Couldn't justify the Navi and moon roof package... I have a TomTom 910 already.

Regarding accessories... (see other Acc. thread also) I think the guys are right, not many available yet... I've been looking for the cross-bars for the roof rack rails, but apparently they are being re-designed by Mazda. I might have opted for aftermarket rack all the way, if I knew I would have to get aftermarket crossbars anyway. I'll probably get Thule cross bars and attachments this weekend (I gotta surf this weekend and don't want to put my waxy board in my new baby). I've included a shot of the paint in case you haven't seen the mica up close. It looks like it's got many different colors of metal flake mixed in the paint... from a distance, the vehicle looks like a dark charcoal gray (at least I think that). The trailer hitch is not a standard 2" model... it's a 1 1/4" Class II, I think.

Thanks for looking.

o-man

Attachments

• IMG_2386.jpg
    IMG_2386.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 1,580
  • IMG_2388.jpg
    IMG_2388.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 1,250
  • IMG_2389.jpg
    IMG_2389.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 1,420
  • IMG_2390.jpg
    IMG_2390.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,241
Nice! Question for you?

Nice!

I'm wondering if you might share what you paid for the car? Potenially, even brake it down by the accessories.

I test drove the 9 about about two weeks ago and I'll be taking one home for a 24 hr test drive this Friday. I'm 99% certain that I'll be buying one. I want the Touring, AWD with Roof rack maybe the tow package.

FYI: I got a quote through the Costco Auto Buying program from one dealer for $31095 (Touring, AWD, roof rack and destination charge). This was only about $400 over the invoice, which I think is pretty good.

Thanks
Gtown36

what I paid

gtown36 said:
Nice!

I'm wondering if you might share what you paid for the car? Potenially, even brake it down by the accessories.

I test drove the 9 about about two weeks ago and I'll be taking one home for a 24 hr test drive this Friday. I'm 99% certain that I'll be buying one. I want the Touring, AWD with Roof rack maybe the tow package.

FYI: I got a quote through the Costco Auto Buying program from one dealer for $31095 (Touring, AWD, roof rack and destination charge). This was only about $400 over the invoice, which I think is pretty good.

Thanks
Gtown36

No problem Gtown,

Below is the info. Unfortuntely, the accessories weren't listed separately. I think Edmunds will show you what the true market option prices are if you "build" your car on their site. Actually, I think that's what I did. Then submitted my email address and info to Edmunds. Within an hour, they had dealers in my area contact me.

FYI: While in the dealers office, I saw a Costco printout on my guy's bulletin board, so I assume it was similar to a fleet price like mine (?). My salesman was the fleet manager.

As far as my deal, it seemed to be a good price to me, but I feel like I ALWAYS overpay for my new cars... My negotation skills aren't the shrewdest, nor is my poker face. I always imagine my salesman wins a trip to Maui right after I drive off the lot ;-))

On the upside I did manage to negotiate $5700 for my trade-in, $700 more than my Carmax offer and the dealership got me 5.99% financing as opposed to 6.25% I came in with.

Here's the sticker specs quoted from my salesmans e-mail:

MSRP $33,210

DETAILS:
Trim
Trim: CX-9 Touring FWD
Trans: 6-Spd Auto
Engine: 263-hp 3.5L DOHC 24-valve V6-cylinder

Colors
Exterior: SPARKLING BLACK MICA
Interior: BLACK INTERIOR LEATHER

Equipped With
Packages:
TOWING PACKAGE
Options:
IN-DASH 6-DISC CD CHANGER
RETRACTABLE CARGO COVER
ROOF RACK

What I was quoted and paid (not including my trade-in):

$31,595.00 (INTERNET/FLEET PRICE)
$55.00 Doc Free
$2,611.13 CA Sales Tax
$350.00 DMV
----------------
$34,611.13 Cash price out the door

Hope this is useful.

o-man

That was not bad negotiating. You did get $1700 off sticker. On a new model/car that is not bad.

I bought my CX-9 as well a couple weeks ago. I never thought I would buy a new model or 1st year redesign. I worry about the bugs, etc.. It is amazing that the first year is the riskiest year to buy, yet we have the least negotiating power, least incentives and least financing options. We must all be crazy for buying!

Thanks O-man

Thanks for sharing. It's nice to know what people are paying. Figure the more info I have the better position I'm in to deal. If I can get my local dealer to meet the Costco price, then I'll sign my life away. If not, I can just go to the dealer that quoted me the Costco price (that dealer is about 50 miles away).

I'll post back once a deal is made with the $ #'s.

Gtown

gtown36 said:
Thanks for sharing. It's nice to know what people are paying. Figure the more info I have the better position I'm in to deal. If I can get my local dealer to meet the Costco price, then I'll sign my life away. If not, I can just go to the dealer that quoted me the Costco price (that dealer is about 50 miles away).

I'll post back once a deal is made with the $ #'s.

Gtown

You're welcome. Now, I don't feel too bad-- still love my wheels.
Good luck and let us know how you do.

Long Beach Mazda!

I noticed you purchased your car from Long Beach Mazda in So Cal. That's the dealer I live closest to and I went and test drove the CX-9 there a few weeks ago. How did you like their service? Were they helpful and polite?
omegamanha said:
Hi All,

Here are some pics of my CX-9. It's the Touring version in Black Mica with Black leather. I requested roof racks and I also got the towing package, cargo cover and 6 disc cd/mp3 stereo. Couldn't justify the Navi and moon roof package... I have a TomTom 910 already.

Regarding accessories... (see other Acc. thread also) I think the guys are right, not many available yet... I've been looking for the cross-bars for the roof rack rails, but apparently they are being re-designed by Mazda. I might have opted for aftermarket rack all the way, if I knew I would have to get aftermarket crossbars anyway. I'll probably get Thule cross bars and attachments this weekend (I gotta surf this weekend and don't want to put my waxy board in my new baby). I've included a shot of the paint in case you haven't seen the mica up close. It looks like it's got many different colors of metal flake mixed in the paint... from a distance, the vehicle looks like a dark charcoal gray (at least I think that). The trailer hitch is not a standard 2" model... it's a 1 1/4" Class II, I think.

Thanks for looking.

o-man

Lakers said:
I noticed you purchased your car from Long Beach Mazda in So Cal. That's the dealer I live closest to and I went and test drove the CX-9 there a few weeks ago. How did you like their service? Were they helpful and polite?

Yes, everyone I dealt with was polite. My salesman, Joaquin was very low-key and no pressure.

However when I called & e-mailed my salesman a couple of days after I took the car home to ask about the roof rack cross-bars, he never called/e-mailed me back. Also, when I called the Customer Service contact he gave me, she acted like I was BOTHERING her.... very rude. So I'm not sure if I can recommend LB Mazda based on my experience. My wife has a VW Passat and they practically trip over themselves to make sure your happy. If VW gets an A, Mazda gets a C so far. Maybe it was just a fluke.

omegamanha said:
Hi All,

Thanks for looking.

o-man

Hello o-man

Nice pics

What are you thinking of this ... (eekdance)

6970563.jpg

6970572.jpg

6970560.jpg

6970566.jpg

6970578.jpg

Latest posts

Back