My CX-5 GT AWD was delivered today!

joepro

Rattleophobe
:
Soul Red Mica '16 Mazda CX-5 GT w/ Tech Package
Hey all,

I finally own a Mazda again!!
My Wife and I test drove a CX-5 GS monday night and loved the car. We wanted a stick, but couldn't do without all the options available on the GS/GT. I'm not sure I understand why you can't have a stick on the GS, but anyway.
So far, I'm lovin' it!!! I really hope the gas mileage is as good as they say because, right now, the car is saying i'm using 13.7L/100KM, which is roughly twice what it should be. I guess I've been driving hard :D

Enjoy your CX-5s guys, I know I will.

Congrats on your purchase.

Do you know if all the models have the fuel consumption read-out? Yes, 13.7L/100 seems very excessive, even for hard driving.

So far, I'm lovin' it!!! I really hope the gas mileage is as good as they say because, right now, the car is saying i'm using 13.7L/100KM, which is roughly twice what it should be. I guess I've been driving hard :D

Any chance you can do a manual calculation of litres put into CX-5 versus distance and compare it to the computer reading?
I'm getting my CX-5 diesel in 3 weeks. Looking forward to getting it.

Any pictures as well?

@jaman_ca
I'll check the manual later today, but I'm pretty sure it's standard on all models.

@inodes
Yeah, I'll calculate it manually and compare the results. I think the reading is off because there's only 25kms on it and I've been pretty aggressive with it. I switched the display from avg to current and feel better now. It usually goes from 30L/100KM to 8-9L/KM. This would explain why the average is so high because I haven't done a whole lot of real driving yet.

I'll post pics later this afternoon.

Nah, no stick :(

Canadian-ES-GT has it right. I'm not sure what Mazda was thinking.
I would've been happy ordering a FWD GS w/ MT.

What I don't understand is that AWD is only standard on the GT. So it makes no sense the GS can't have the MT.

Mazda wanted the least amount of order codes as possible. Once they stabilize (find a partner, get rid of some debt and gain market share in small CUV's) they should improve their trim level ranges.

My Wife and I test drove a CX-5 GS monday night and loved the car. We wanted a stick, but couldn't do without all the options available on the GS/GT. I'm not sure I understand why you can't have a stick on the GS, but anyway.

Joe, can you post photos.
The CX-5 I've ordered is the Black Mica GT as well. I haven't seen any photos of the Black Mica on a GT.
3 weeks to wait for me... :(

Here are some pics... They aren't great mostly because the lighting was pretty poor and I'm not that good a photographer :)

dpp0001hu.jpg

dpp0002b.jpg

dpp0003e.jpg

dpp0004m.jpg

dpp0005u.jpg

dpp0006x.jpg

dpp0007j.jpg

dpp0008cqe.jpg

dpp0009r.jpg

dpp0010ea.jpg

dpp0011h.jpg

manual is only available with the GX and FWD

Nah, no stick :(

Canadian-ES-GT has it right. I'm not sure what Mazda was thinking.
I would've been happy ordering a FWD GS w/ MT.

What I don't understand is that AWD is only standard on the GT. So it makes no sense the GS can't have the MT.

Doh. I know what's typically available in Mazda's trim ranges- was just curious if you were able to order a configuration that was physically possible but not offered officially. :(

Nope, my dealership hasn't received any of the accessories yet. Maybe in the next couple weeks.

Last edited:
Great pics. Thanks and congrats on your purchase. Can you tell me what that empty space under the a/c controls is for?

Great pics. Thanks and congrats on your purchase. Can you tell me what that empty space under the a/c controls is for?
It's a storage nook which also has one of the three 12V sockets for charging devices. Very convenient.

Doh. I know what's typically available in Mazda's trim ranges- was just curious if you were able to order a configuration that was physically possible but not offered officially. :(

Nope, I heard of someone else trying to put a special order (config not offered here) and Mazda wouldn't let it pass.

JoePro - Nice pics by the way, love your last interior shot

Last edited:
Just a quick update.. After 250kms, 90% of which was stop n' go city driving, my fuel consumption has gone down to 9.7l/100km or about 24mpg. I guess that ain't too bad.

Back