My 2012 M5 Just Got Gifts!!!

SporkRacing

:
2-2022 CX5
Just Got Some New Toys For My 2012 M5 Sport, Will Post Pics As I Install!

Attachments

• IMG_1272.JPG
    IMG_1272.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 486
  • IMG_1270.JPG
    IMG_1270.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_1287.JPG
    IMG_1287.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_1288.JPG
    IMG_1288.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_1304.JPG
    IMG_1304.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 433
They Are MEGAN Coilovers Cost $900 And The Spring Rate Is 8K Front And 7K Rear. I Put Them On This Morning Along With The Corksport Rear Swaybar, I'll Try Some Side Pics Tomorrow.

I didn't know Megan made coilover for mazda5. Is the coilover specifically for mazda5? Did it bolt right on or you had to retro fit it???

Please post pic! I'm exited to see it

Yes, MEGAN Does Make A Coilover Set For The Mazda 5.

H&R Is Perfect For A Family And Yet Still Sporty.

MEGAN Coilovers I Wouldn't Recommand For A Family With Young Kids, The Ride Is Harsh!

Added Some New Pics Of The Frone And Rear Coilovers Installed.

Rear Sway Bar Installed, And The Rear Arm That I Had To Grind (Debur) For The Spring Perch.

Attachments

• Front Coilover.JPG
    Front Coilover.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 318
  • Rear Coilover.JPG
    Rear Coilover.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 267
  • Rear Sway.JPG
    Rear Sway.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 304
  • Mod.JPG
    Mod.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
Nice! I think your the first to have mz5 Megan coilover on this forum. Please post more pics. And give us details on the ride quality and comfort please. Thanks

Yes, MEGAN Does Make A Coilover Set For The Mazda 5.

H&R Is Perfect For A Family And Yet Still Sporty.

MEGAN Coilovers I Wouldn't Recommand For A Family With Young Kids, The Ride Is Harsh!

Added Some New Pics Of The Frone And Rear Coilovers Installed.

Rear Sway Bar Installed, And The Rear Arm That I Had To Grind (Debur) For The Spring Perch.
Tell us more!

The Megan's are 8k front 7k rear. What setting do you have the rebound set to? I don't know anything about Megan brand but I assume it uses universal cartridges very similar to the likes of BC and Yellowspeed. Two members here are on BC (8k/7k) that I can recall and neither say it is harsh.. If you can have a do over would you have gone with a 6k front/5k rear for a more compliant ride???

if he has those 18's on the car, with the megans slammed (which it appears he does - the fronts look ALL the way down), that would cause some harshness...

I Started On 0 For My First 2 Days But They Are Definitely For Race Only. Now The Fronts Are Set On 14 Clicks From 0 And The Rears Are Set On 12 Clicks From 0. Anything Set On 0-8 Which Is For Race Is Harsh! The Ride Quality Is Way Better Then Expected.

I Don't Think The Shock Inserts Are Universal Cause Each One Is Labeled Specific With Part Numbers.

I Actually Was Contacting Megan Racing For 1" Shorter Springs Front And Rear And 9k Front And 8K Rear Springs.

Last edited:
Nice! More gifts!

Btw, Are your coilover 06-10 specific mz5? Or 2012 specific mz5? Did you find out if you could
Order shorter or stiffer springs?

Sorry Guys Had A To Work 9 Days Straight (90 Hours), I'am Finally Off Tomorrow And Will Get It Washed And Some Pics.

Pics...

New Pics....

Attachments

• RMM.JPG
    RMM.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 315
  • RMM Installed.JPG
    RMM Installed.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 303
  • Posing.JPG
    Posing.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 346
Yeah, Megan Was No Help As Far As Custom Spring Rates Go, But The Ride Is Great Still. It's Like A Oversized Go-Kart.

Back