Music on USB drive

Chibana

Contributor
:
2009 Mazda RX-8
After everything I've read in the owner's manual and from users here, I hadn't bothered to give it a try before, but I thought with v29 it was worth a shot. I've been pleasantly surprised to find that my 64GB drive, with about 41GB of music, has been working flawlessly. It even remembers where I left off after taking the drive out, updating it, and putting it back in. So far the behavior has been better than what I had with my 2012 Focus' MyFordTouch/SYNC system. The 3 is far less picky about the location of the playlist files, too. I haven't used it for long, so I'm not sure if the long load times will be an issue, but so far they have not been.

Someone pointed out that some USBs (depending on brands) have more problems than the other ones.
Can you name your USB drive?
Just so that we know which brand works better.

I have about 10-15GB of music on my 32GB Sandisk drive. When I had V29, it remembered where I was about 75% of the time. The other 25%, it jumped to the first folder that was created on the drive (weird file system in use). Had V31 installed today. Have to test it a bit more over the next week to see if it has fixed the problem.

I posted too soon! When I started the car on my way home from work yesterday it forgot where it was.

So I am having an issue where my 16gb drive states that there are no files on the drive, but my 4gb drive works fine...

You have clearly stated that you are using a 32 and 64gb drive, so size is not a problem, they are both SanDisk. Any ideas?

Back