MS6 exhaust tips

chiefmg

MOTM July 2015
:
'81 RX-7 GS, '00 Miata SE, '16 Camaro (wife's), '15 CX-5 GT AWD
I have a Magnaflow catback on the way, and I want to replace the round tips they put on the mufflers. I checked with a local shop who is usually helpful, but they don't have any oval tips available. I know there have been some who have done this, does anyone on here have a source for some round to oval transition tips that would fit the stock bumper cutouts?

I have been looking into this for awhile and came up with an idea you may want to look into. If/when I do my exhaust I would like to explore this option.

I have been looking at other cars and noticed that Mercedes ES550 has oval tips that might fit in our bumper and so does the new Hyundai Genesis.

Maybe you can find these cheap or free somewhere and see if they fit.

Why dont you just cut-off the magnaflow oval part, and keep the oem tip. and this way you dont have to worry about melting the bumper.

Last edited:
The Magnaflow tip is round, as for cutting it off it's 'cause I don't want it looking ghetto. I've been doing some searching online, and have found a couple of possible solutions. I need to take some measurements to make sure everything will be happy once installed.

I appreciate the offer of a picture, but I have seen pictures of it done and I know what it looks like. I want an improvement over stock, not the same thing. As such I want to have a tip that fills the bumper opening with no empty space around it to the muffler when you look under the car. Just my personal preference.

hey no problem..i c what ur trying to do. its just the way the magnaflow ends are, its going to be hard to find a tip thats going to fit perfectly. but hope you find what ur looking for 4..

I'll be sure to post up if I find what I am looking for. I will be running the Magnaflow as is for at least a week, it is possible I will get used to the round tips (but I kind of doubt it). I am thinking I should be able to get around the angle of the tips to the bumper (when looking from above) by cutting everything at the appropriate angle for welding.

Got the exhaust in and installed today. Sounds really nice, just what I was looking for. While the round tips aren't heinous, I will be getting some oval tips to replace them. I've found several possibilities, just have to take some good measurements to make sure I get what looks the best. Maybe even mock something up to the dimensions to be sure.

Got the exhaust in and installed today. Sounds really nice, just what I was looking for. While the round tips aren't heinous, I will be getting some oval tips to replace them. I've found several possibilities, just have to take some good measurements to make sure I get what looks the best. Maybe even mock something up to the dimensions to be sure.

keep us posted when you get a new exhaust tip.

Back