MS6 Bose subwoofer pre-amp

chiefmg

MOTM July 2015
:
'81 RX-7 GS, '00 Miata SE, '16 Camaro (wife's), '15 CX-5 GT AWD
Just got done installing a subwoofer pre-amp/eq combo purchased from a member elsewhere. This completely transforms the stock stereo system. Highs are nice and crisp, good hit from the subwoofer to give a good bottom end. For me this is the best upgrade for the stock stereo short of spending a ton of money. Mazda should have set things up like this from the get-go.

Can you give me some more specifics on the preamp/eq combo? What brand did you have or can you give me a part number? Is that all you did and you are still using the stock speakers?

so really how good is it i have some subs and an amp. I was gunna do that how to install on this fourm to hook eveything up to the stock bose system in my MS6. or would this be something to consider. cause the how to seems a little ghettto

Sound is subjective. For me it is very good. I am not one to put in a monster sound system in my car, as to me it is a waste of money (I would rather make the car handle, accelerate and stop better). If you are of a younger generation then you probably won't be happy without 5 12" subs thumping your body panels off.

Keep in mind this is a guy who did this on his own. The how-to is more than sufficient to install the piece.

No no i thought the write up was great its just the way that it is done ( cuttting splicing making adapters) im not sure if i want that in my trunk. it could probably be done clean though

Gotcha. Here's some pics of what mine looks like.

Attachments

• DSC00862.JPG
    DSC00862.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 939
  • DSC00865.JPG
    DSC00865.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 799
Hmm...I like this. I actually have a few 741s laying around, so I could just build one but not control the gain. The price is solid too.

or...you could go look at my how-to in the howto section on how to make it (the first version without eq) for much much less....

Just depends upon what you want to do with it. IIRC with the original version you had to swap some wires around on the sub, not sure how that would work out. I am more than happy with it. Just wanted to share my experience with everyone to put forth another option.

I put a grommet around the wires coming out of that project box I have mine mounted in today (didn't have any on hand when I put it all together). At some point in the future when I have some time, I will put something around the wires coming out of the box to clean it up a bit more.

Back